Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Best Audio Brands?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2003, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best Audio Brands?

What is are considered to be best brands for head units and speakers. I am looking for speakers for the front and back that can have some decent bass output. I don't want any subs due to the cost and added weight. Thanks for any helpful responses.
Old Dec 19, 2003, 08:24 PM

I hear Alpine and Pioneer are very nice Head Units....as far as speakers go, I hear infinity has very nice sound.
Old Dec 19, 2003, 08:30 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Re: Best Audio Brands?

Originally posted by matrixneo
What is are considered to be best brands for head units and speakers. I am looking for speakers for the front and back that can have some decent bass output. I don't want any subs due to the cost and added weight. Thanks for any helpful responses.
Sure I used to test and evaluate car audio gear in college-
Best head for the money PERIOD- Nak cd45z (300 or less), alpine 7909, alpine (from auth dealer not the rejects at CC/BB), clarion pro audio line, pioneer higher end modles

Speakers- I like morel the best, Old black diamond hex,Dynaudio (good luck fitting them),Image dynamics Chameleon (260 online),DEI studio (budget), Boston z series (awesome but 1K)

I am like you not running subs for weight purposes but have excellent results from Image dynamics Chameleon 6.5" in the back deck as subs. JL 6.5" W0s are a true sub that I have found very good in a lot of sound quality applications (fit OK in the back deck)
Old Dec 19, 2003, 08:31 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by WhiteLancerES
I hear Alpine and Pioneer are very nice Head Units....as far as speakers go, I hear infinity has very nice sound.
I do not prefer Inifinity highs ever since they ditched the Emit for car apps they have been the ultimate in cheeping out. Perfects are still nearly perfect though. I second the alpine/pioneer suggestion
Old Dec 19, 2003, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

My Favorites are Boston, Diamond Audio Hex and Oz audio for really great speakers for a decent price, (under 600$) A/D/S (analog Digital systems) are still my personal favorite for great sounding speakers that never make you sick of listening to loud music or harsh music, Your ears will thank you for their mild tweeters and super smooth crossovers. Yet they are very detailed and rich sounding. The only way to go, have had mine for 7 years.. still going strong for four years of competition and 4 different cars. They never stop suprising me every season!
Old Dec 19, 2003, 10:51 PM
Evolving Member

Definitely go with Alpine, get the CDA9815 which is 60 watts X 4 channels . And for the speakers go with either Alpine too or MB Quarts.
Old Dec 19, 2003, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

i have the alpine 9815 right now but i agree with MP5, you can't beat the nac for the quality!!!!!

as for speakers, i had the morels which i loved but now i am using the Diamond HEX (older ones) and they are amazing. as for sub, i have a JL w6v2 but i think i need to change it because i don't don't have a way to mount it in the truck and still be able to take it out while i race.
Old Dec 19, 2003, 11:05 PM

The best sounding head unit that I have heard are from McIntosh...pricey yes, but the quality is there and if you have no need for a sub, all the better as I think the head unit is all you will need. I'd also have to agree that a/d/s makes some fine sounding speakers that willnot tire your ears out.
Old Dec 20, 2003, 06:08 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Head units: Nakamichi is excellent. Pioneer is good too.

Speakers: McIntosh, Boston & MBQuart are very good, Infinity is good too.
Email: sales@bulletproofautomotive.com
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...
Old Dec 20, 2003, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

for speakers, boston, jl, fosgate,eclipse, mb quarts...
Head units alpine and pioneer are all that I have used and pretty much seen...
Old Dec 20, 2003, 07:18 AM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by blonde
i have the alpine 9815 right now but i agree with MP5, you can't beat the nac for the quality!!!!!

as for speakers, i had the morels which i loved but now i am using the Diamond HEX (older ones) and they are amazing. as for sub, i have a JL w6v2 but i think i need to change it because i don't don't have a way to mount it in the truck and still be able to take it out while i race.
Good system blonde! BTW the Morels with the Al Hex tweet is orgasmic! The reason I love them so much is the midrange warmth, But man those old hex sound like a rock concert! The new ones arent bad but the old ones are choice. Im still up in the air about a sub but If I really need it I think Im going to try a Lanzar Neo 10" under the passengers seat. Its only like 3" in depth and very light for a sub. Lanzar isnt the best but its solid and Ive listened to an Eric Holdaway comp car with 4 10" mounted under the dash and if he uses them then he liked more than just the ease of install
Old Dec 20, 2003, 07:19 AM
MP5
In Timeout

I would also like to throw in eclipse point sources. They sound just fine for the money and can mount pretty easily in anything
Old Dec 20, 2003, 06:32 PM

Eclipse (my favorite), Alpine, Memphis Audio, and JL
I work at Custom Audio Concepts so I know how well all of these products perform.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...MXk1NDE%3D.jpg
Old Dec 20, 2003, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

i have pioneer but I still havent installed it yet
Old Dec 20, 2003, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

THE TITLE OF THE THREAD IS BEST AUDIO BRANDS!

DO NOT GIVE HIM A LIST OF BEST BUY BRANDS THE MAN ALREADY KNOWS ABOUT.

I am very serious about sound and have a serious home stereo+ home theater compleate with 3 subs, guitar tube amp, pre amp, 1080i HDTV widescreen, custom built towers.

Good audiophile brands are the following:

1. Mc Intosh, http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/
2. X-tant
3. NAD (home systems)
4. Speakercity.com I get my parts here for my custom work. You gotta love a store that makes there own 24 inch electromagnetic Sub!!!!

Last edited by CarPhoto.net; Dec 20, 2003 at 06:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Best Audio Brands?