Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Retired navy guy spray painted my evo (caught during the act) pics & vids

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"The Florida law, which served as a model for the others, gives people the right to use deadly force against intruders entering their homes. They no longer need to prove that they feared for their safety, only that the person they killed had intruded unlawfully and forcefully. The law also extends this principle to vehicles.
In addition, the law does away with an earlier requirement that a person attacked in a public place must retreat if possible. Now, that same person, in the law’s words, “has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force.�? The law also forbids the arrest, detention or prosecution of the people covered by the law, and it prohibits civil suits against them."

found here http://news.lawreader.com/?p=272

my buddy brought this to our thread in EE^
Old Dec 7, 2011, 04:10 PM
Sev
Evolved Member

Mail me your autograph.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

Great Job kid! Way to whoop that ole miserable bastard's ***!!! He wont do that again!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn he got p'nown'ed.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 04:15 PM

Holy ****, glad u took care of that *****
Old Dec 7, 2011, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by SavageEvo8
"The Florida law, which served as a model for the others, gives people the right to use deadly force against intruders entering their homes. They no longer need to prove that they feared for their safety, only that the person they killed had intruded unlawfully and forcefully. The law also extends this principle to vehicles.
In addition, the law does away with an earlier requirement that a person attacked in a public place must retreat if possible. Now, that same person, in the law’s words, “has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force.�? The law also forbids the arrest, detention or prosecution of the people covered by the law, and it prohibits civil suits against them."

This is relevant if either:

a) OP was inside his car when this happened and douchebag tried to forcibly entered his car, or;

b) Douchebag came at his person or threatened his person with bodily injuries.

Did either of those happen?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

put your self in his exact shoes, i would have done the same thing. glad you caught him when you did.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

since your in cali you really need to look at CA specific laws....this is VERY different here unfortunately (you still have to be in fear for your life )
Old Dec 7, 2011, 04:21 PM
Evolving Member

would have done the same thing. good job sir!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
He registered just for you. lol
Old Dec 7, 2011, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Montu
since your in cali you really need to look at CA specific laws....this is VERY different here unfortunately (you still have to be in fear for your life )
youre a very observant individual, well, kinda... observant enough to see im from cali, but not observant enough to realize the law reference was in regards to FL law.. which to my knowledge, is the OP's location..
Old Dec 7, 2011, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Wtffffffff was he thinking. you whooped him good lol
Old Dec 7, 2011, 04:25 PM

youre a very observant individual, well, kinda... observant enough to see im from cali, but not observant enough to realize the law reference was in regards to FL law.. which to my knowledge, is the OP's location..
850 is Leon County, FL.

Go Noles.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
The guy sitting in the car seemed like he was under the influence. They might get him for DUI if the keys are in the ignition. Heck I even herd of people getting a DUI just for deciding to sleep in their car without their keys in the ignition. So keys in ignition or not might not matter.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice job defending your property. I doubt that idiot will damage another car in the future.

As others mentioned, take that video down immediately. Seriously, the legal system is wacked and you could end up with a record that will follow you forever. You did the right thing, but be cautious posting the aftermath on youtube. The outcome could be bad.

Quick Reply: Retired navy guy spray painted my evo (caught during the act) pics & vids