Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

01 Mirage to Evo IV Conversion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2012, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lusion
Yes
That is Awesome! Now to find me a white or black 97-01 5spd 4 door with power locks/windows and start my own E4 project!
Any updates on this build?
Old Jul 14, 2012, 05:39 AM

This has got me excited!
I live In japan at the moment and I own an evo IV. I plan to bring it back as a parts car and swap the whole thing onto a mirage!
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_zero
This has got me excited!
I live In japan at the moment and I own an evo IV. I plan to bring it back as a parts car and swap the whole thing onto a mirage!
Currently in NZ and plan to do the same when I go back to Cali. Would you reckon it would be easier to chop the front firewall and do a RHD conversion or source out the LHD dash?
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:28 PM

Sick build!!
Old Jan 30, 2014, 08:17 AM

Ok, i sold my iX to move back to PR...

I want to build a iV back home... i need a source for the rear floor pan (i think we need to get them from Mitsu UK, but this will be kinda of impossible for me from PR, any other ideas?)

OP did you ever finish this sick build?

Thanks,
Joel
Old Jan 30, 2014, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hard to imagine this didn't get finished by SOMEONE, at least.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Dustydrifter
it would be cool if someone made a thread with all the necessary parts to make a mirage awd and 4g63 powered, even better would be a DIY kit with the clip and rear floor pan lol
also do any 96-01 mirages come 5spd and with power locks/windows?
I believe the rear floor pan fit from an E8 but im still to confirm that... if I can't, I will fabricate the driveshaft tunnel myself ... this might start this summer.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by JPR-EVO
Ok, i sold my iX to move back to PR...

I want to build a iV back home... i need a source for the rear floor pan (i think we need to get them from Mitsu UK, but this will be kinda of impossible for me from PR, any other ideas?)

OP did you ever finish this sick build?

Thanks,
Joel
I haven't finished this build just yet as a lot happened last year. I finally did source a rear floor pan from an Evo IV from Canada so this build should be completed in the next two months. With that said I'm fairly positive you can just import an Evo IV to PR as they aren't as strict there (I used to live in Luquillo).

I believe the rear floor pan fit from an E8 but im still to confirm that... if I can't, I will fabricate the driveshaft tunnel myself ... this might start this summer.
The issue with the Evo 8 pan is that the rear suspension cups are positioned differently to allow for the wider track that the Evo 5 and up have. Also the driveshaft tunnel and one of the driveshaft hangers are already on the Mirage, the only reason you need the rear pan is to clear the rear diff and have the proper mounting points for the rear subframe.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by rotarynemesis
I haven't finished this build just yet as a lot happened last year. I finally did source a rear floor pan from an Evo IV from Canada so this build should be completed in the next two months. With that said I'm fairly positive you can just import an Evo IV to PR as they aren't as strict there (I used to live in Luquillo).

The issue with the Evo 8 pan is that the rear suspension cups are positioned differently to allow for the wider track that the Evo 5 and up have. Also the driveshaft tunnel and one of the driveshaft hangers are already on the Mirage, the only reason you need the rear pan is to clear the rear diff and have the proper mounting points for the rear subframe.
man I wish they weren't strict... too many ppl tried to import 4,5 and 6's... they won't let you register it for daily drive (you could import one *** a race car) plus ill have to pay massive amounts of money on taxes for it... just curious, how much a E4/5 can go for in Canada?

can you give me the information where did you get your floor pan?

thanks bro
Old Feb 2, 2014, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

looks amazing... perfect job
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by manolo2011
looks amazing... perfect job
indeed. glad to know this is still in the works. cant wait for video!!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:18 PM

Here is a side by side of my Nismo 350z and Evo 4 (minus the drive train)

Next I will be finishing up the interior so I can drive it and get some great gas mileage while I work on rebuilding the Evo motor and sourcing a rear floor pan to complete the drivetrain swap.[/QUOTE]

- super clean bro! im japanman1994 on mirageforums.net. im right at the same spot you are... looking for the rear floor. i have the body panels all on but still need the swap. i was gonna do RHD just to have that authentic feel to it.

anyhow, im SOOOO digging the GG paint1 i chose iconic white, but now im reconsidering after seeing yours!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:20 PM

man I wish they weren't strict... too many ppl tried to import 4,5 and 6's... they won't let you register it for daily drive (you could import one *** a race car) plus ill have to pay massive amounts of money on taxes for it... just curious, how much a E4/5 can go for in Canada?

can you give me the information where did you get your floor pan?

thanks bro
idk where or if he has his floor already but on mirageforums.net there are tons of guys with the swap already done and there is a thread that says the E4-9 floors will all work, except the 8/9 has a wider track to it. i hope you take on the project!
Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:40 PM
Silver Sponsor

Wow looking very good! I love the older Evolutions. They have more of that Rally car look and feel. Can't wait to see is once it has the Drive Train in it

-Dallin
Old Feb 25, 2014, 10:33 PM

Whats the rear setup on this since ur running tein coilsovers in the front.

Quick Reply: 01 Mirage to Evo IV Conversion