Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

09 Lancer Build

Old Dec 30, 2017, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 Lancer Build

Hey guys I am working on my 09 lancer es and would like to get it to 350hp to take it to the track every now and then. Note I am a noob at this stuff so i need ideas! Ive got an 4000 dollar budget to work with.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 02:12 PM

Unless you do a diy a turbo kit 4k won't get you much in terms of power. Even if it did you wouldn't have any of the supporting mods or handling and braking power.

You would need a new fuel pump, injectors, turbo manifold, turbo, bov, boost controller(or run Waste gate psi), intercooler, piping, downpipe, full exhaust, and engine management. Even then you wouldn't get much more than around 300 at the crank without internals. Then you would be lacking grip, so you'd need wider wheels and tires and an LSD.

Play to the strengths of the car. Do coilovers, wheels, tires, brakes and then focus on power later. What your car lacks in power you can make up for with light weight and handling. Handling mods should be around 4k total. If you want big power and a great handling car out of the box buy an evo. If you want a fun good handling commuter keep working on your lancer.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 04:03 PM

Thanks man i will post pictures when im done building any specific brands that i should look for?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 01:38 AM

Honestly it's up to you.

I prefer to stick with quality parts like Tein, Road Race, Enkei, and other things of the sort.

Megan, K sport, D2, and other smaller cheap brands are usually made in China or Taiwan. Nothing wrong with that, but IMO the testing they do is sub par.

With brakes I would go with EBC yellowstuff and some slotted rotors to start. If you want to improve brake pedal feel also go with stainless lines. For handling choose a good quality set of coilovers like Tein Street Basis. At the same time you might want to upgrade the sway bars as well. Wheel wise enkei has the largest selection of quality wheels, NT03's and RPF1's always look great and are light weight.

Here's a link to my favorite lancer GTS.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...t-bodykit.html

Hope it inspires you. You don't need an evo to look cool or have fun.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Save your 4k and put it towards an Evo