Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My Evolyn - Silver VIII from Down Under

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2018, 12:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
There was a guy on instagram selling those, i was tempted to grab one myself, now i wish i did. Looks good. Where did you find that ralliart 5 speed gear surround ?
Old May 24, 2018, 05:06 AM

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
Yeah I follow that dude too, @rare_evo_parts? He wanted $350 plus shipping for his vents which technically is not that bad considering Ralliart China are still selling them new but for over $400... I picked this one up much cheaper as it is used, but great condition compared to a lot of the ones I have seen.

Gear Surround I got from a guy in Sydney, I find with Ralliart parts like these, you just have to keep your eyes open and your wallet open too
Old May 28, 2018, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by gotblkr
Yeah I follow that dude too, @rare_evo_parts? He wanted $350 plus shipping for his vents which technically is not that bad considering Ralliart China are still selling them new but for over $400... I picked this one up much cheaper as it is used, but great condition compared to a lot of the ones I have seen.

Gear Surround I got from a guy in Sydney, I find with Ralliart parts like these, you just have to keep your eyes open and your wallet open too
I had one on reserve and cancelled because 280 for that wasn’t worth it plus his prices are inflated.
The following users liked this post:
gotblkr (May 28, 2018)
Old May 28, 2018, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by japspec

I had one on reserve and cancelled because 280 for that wasn’t worth it plus his prices are inflated.
Is that right! So he quoted you $280? He quoted me $350! If he is quoting different prices for different buyers then he has completely lost any chance of me purchasing anything from him in the future, i HATE sellers that try to think they can inflate prices for different buyers...
Old Jun 9, 2018, 04:21 PM

So this takes me pretty close to being up to date with where the car is sitting today. I only have one other main update to make and that is to say I recently invested is a complete Air Lift 3P Kit. I know this is not so much the done thing when you own an evo, so I feel the need to explain why... Evolyn for me is a piece of art, & I have always loved the aggressive lines of the CT9A design. To the point where I enjoy the looks of the car more than its performance features.

My love of the aesthetics for the evo goes back to when I first started thinking of buying my first one. I started doing some searches on google for various cars that were on the scene, and was immediately attracted to the Stunner Status Evo which was a black Evo VIII first setup on white Rota Grids:

Then a set of CCW LM20:

Let's just say it was love at first sight, and I have been into my stance ever since. I can't explain why, I agree the physics demonstrates it is too low and it negatively impacts the handling of the car, but I am also happy to admit I don't track my evo, I have no drive to ever track my evo, so it will literally only ever be a show car and something I drive within the speed limit of local roads...But I was left with one issue that had been a pain since day one, I live in a house with a steepish driveway, and every time I took the car out, I had the remove the front bar... Happy with the driveway itself and unwilling to modify it, the simple answer to my problem was air suspension haha. The Air Lift kit allows me to go 2 inches higher than stock, all the way down to 4 inches below... I must say this kit is amazing, and all digitally controlled by my iPhone, but enough with the chit chat, here are some pics of the unboxing of the kit:

I will update this thread soon with an update going through the install of the kit. I did it over a weekend with a couple friends and to be honest the kit is amazing, and was a very easy process to follow...

Last edited by gotblkr; Nov 19, 2019 at 07:21 PM.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 01:03 AM

So as I said earlier, the install could not have been any more straight forward, Air Lift's aim with the 3P kits was to make it an off the shelf install and I must say they smashed it out of the park. Zero holes were drilled in the car to install this kit, which was my primary concern, and handling wise the car has been great. More to that a bit later though, as my aim for this post is to cover the install. With the held of a couple mates we started the install on a Saturday afternoon in a mates shed, and finished it the following day mid afternoon.

Here was the car before the process started:

Front bar off to make life easier:

Time for some wrenching:

Management deep into the planning process

Front & Rear Struts in:

Interior out to work out where best to place air lines:

Mocking up placement of the tank, manifold and compressor:

Peek A Boo:

I found an awesome company based in the USA called Winter Fabrication Online. Shipping was as much as the mount cost to fab but well worth it in my opinion:

Gave it a quick coat of black:

And really happy with the way it helps mount the manifold:

Here it is mounted in the boot:

Last edited by gotblkr; Oct 27, 2019 at 02:03 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 02:45 AM

So after a great weekend doing what we love, very happy with the end result!

Rims on:

Aired up:

Aired out:

And all controlled from a digital controller, or from my iPhone....

Last edited by gotblkr; Oct 27, 2019 at 11:31 PM.
uzumaki (Jun 14, 2018)
Old Jun 14, 2018, 09:55 PM

Entered Evolyn into a local show for Time Attack and had an absolute blast. Thought I would share some of the better pics taken throughout the day:

Last edited by gotblkr; Oct 28, 2019 at 12:47 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:07 AM

Been pretty quiet for me on the Evo front for a while, but I entered a local show and displayed with my CCW LM20 for the first time which was exciting. Received amazing feedback from others in terms of the quality of the wheels, and how could you not, three piece, billet 7075 Centres, 18x10 custom offsets, you can't lose with a setup like this. I was initially worried that they would not pop on a silver car, but i think it pulls it off well...

Had to do the obligatory gas stop after giving her a good clean and detail:

Arrived to the show and got to walk and see a massive range of different cars, so was definitely a good night. Here are some of the favourite shots I have seen floating around since the show:

Last edited by gotblkr; Oct 28, 2019 at 03:12 AM.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 03:53 AM

Received a made to order Carbing Ti Front Strut Bar this week with built in brake stopper. This thing is light! I weighed the OEM bar and that came in at 3.2kg, I tried to weigh the Carbing bar but it wouldn't register a weight on my scales...

Very happy with the piece:

Last edited by gotblkr; Oct 9, 2018 at 03:23 PM.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
Gorgeous stuff
gotblkr (Oct 9, 2018)
Old Oct 6, 2018, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts

Not sure where the brake stopper is? I must be blind or overlooking it somehow.

Last edited by deylag; Oct 8, 2018 at 05:25 PM.
gotblkr (Oct 7, 2018)
Old Oct 7, 2018, 07:31 PM

All good! The brake stopper extrudes below the left hand mount in the pics above, it is hard to see, but basically just acts as a barrier to stop movement of the brake cylinder, in turn improving brake response... You can sort of see it in pics 2, 4 & 5 above. I have had to stop sharing pictures via Photobucket, so attempted to share the above using Flickr instead. I tried to format the text so the pics would embed into the post, but it does not display for me, whereas the pics display perfectly for your post above, did you modify the text at all? If you did could you let me know what you did so I can fix up my post?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 07:39 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Right hand driver.

LOL, my master cylinder brace is on the other side

gotblkr (Oct 7, 2018)
Old Oct 7, 2018, 08:08 PM

Yes haha!

Sorry i should have also confirmed, I am in Australia, so we are RHD over here. Everyone in the U.S. would be used to having it on the other side of the car...
MinusPrevious (Oct 8, 2018)

Quick Reply: My Evolyn - Silver VIII from Down Under