Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Ebay carbon fiber lip?

Old Sep 13, 2018, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ebay carbon fiber lip?

Does anyone know of this brand/bought from this seller? I want to get a carbon lip and its between this and the rexpeed one. This one is 250 shipped while the rexpeed one is about 600 shipped. If I can save 350 then I would want to do that since this is an outside part and could get damaged. I stay away from ebay parts but for the outside and at a lower price like this I am thinking about it. Thanks for the input

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-03-05-M...YAAOSwa8dZwGL4
Old Sep 16, 2018, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
go for it, lips on ebay are fine because you are gonna crack them or scuff them anyways driving with a low car. these guys look reputable enough and their parts are in the US and not china.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleDiamond
go for it, lips on ebay are fine because you are gonna crack them or scuff them anyways driving with a low car. these guys look reputable enough and their parts are in the US and not china.
I promise you for that price it is made in China.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by NIevo
I promise you for that price it is made in China.
again it will get damaged anyways so it does not really matter.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I kick myself every time for not getting a real ralliart one from many years ago
Old Sep 21, 2018, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

So I bit the bullet and bought it. Fitment was dodgy and you have to give it a little push to get on but it goes on. Just sitting there unbolted I had a decent gap between the bumper and the lip on the right side but when you press it together its gone. It comes with small pre drilled holes, they also include self tapping screws but I doubt they will work so you have to get bigger but shorter ones and include a washer IMO. Fitment is tight like I said. Fitment: 6/10 quality: 7.5/10 looks: 9/10.

For 235 shipped that I got it for, its worth it but if I had the money to buy a rexpeed lip I would(The shipping from them on the rexpeed lip was 150ish plus 450 for the actual lip) I just couldn't justify it for a part that goes on the outside and on the front that can be easily damaged with a lowered car.

I am about to finish a nose chop so it will be going on that bumper after its painted. This is test fitted on my regular bumper.

I
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Not bad at all!
Cheers,
Patric
Old Sep 24, 2018, 06:57 AM

Made in China is cheap but many places have to be resized to be completely different.

Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 乙羽
Made in China is cheap but many places have to be resized to be completely different.

What modifications did you do?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 05:19 AM

This Chinese-made chin can't be installed in many holes. It has to be re-drilled and re-polished.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I have the ABS plastic lip from ebay and it needed some effort to fit. In fact some trimming was required, sunlight to let bend aka heat. It fits good and like others have said it will get dinged and scratched up. In my case I have a steep angle driveway and I can only reverse into the garage. The first timed I tried to go straight in front first I cracked my lip. Oh well it was $85 shipped. It also has been left in the flat black paint so it has some scratches but I would suggest it to anyone who doesn't want to fork out a lot of money. It looks just like the one in the pics provided above.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wanted EVO IX
I have the ABS plastic lip from ebay and it needed some effort to fit. In fact some trimming was required, sunlight to let bend aka heat. It fits good and like others have said it will get dinged and scratched up. In my case I have a steep angle driveway and I can only reverse into the garage. The first timed I tried to go straight in front first I cracked my lip. Oh well it was $85 shipped. It also has been left in the flat black paint so it has some scratches but I would suggest it to anyone who doesn't want to fork out a lot of money. It looks just like the one in the pics provided above.
I am not sure if you want to do this but I have a ebay poly lip as well. Ordered matching paint from automotive touchup in a can and sprayed it/clearcoated it and it came out amazing. Worth the 20 bucks imo
Old Sep 25, 2018, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 乙羽
This Chinese-made chin can't be installed in many holes. It has to be re-drilled and re-polished.
Yea some of the holes didn't line up but it did fit with a little effort. I am not sure what you mean by polishing.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by TomekEVO
I am not sure if you want to do this but I have a ebay poly lip as well. Ordered matching paint from automotive touchup in a can and sprayed it/clearcoated it and it came out amazing. Worth the 20 bucks imo
Can you share photos? I'm on the fence to purchase it and just want to get an idea of what it will look like. Or should I suck it up and order a Seibon.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Can you share photos? I'm on the fence to purchase it and just want to get an idea of what it will look like. Or should I suck it up and order a Seibon.
Which lip do you want pictures of? The painted poly lip that I painted or the ebay carbon one I bought. The ebay carbon one I bought I posted in this thread with the black bumper. Here is a thread on how I did the ebay poly lip with oem paint. Although I didn't post a picture of the whole final product you can see how the OEM paint came out if you do a good job https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ttle-cans.html
The following users liked this post:
ronaldo9 (Sep 26, 2018)

Search this Thread