EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Show / Shine (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-show-shine-86/)
-   -   Annoying Evo feature elimination number 1: cupholder (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-show-shine/140112-annoying-evo-feature-elimination-number-1-cupholder.html)

Ludikraut May 20, 2005 08:51 PM

Annoying Evo feature elimination number 1: cupholder

1 Attachment(s)
Alright, if there's one thing that has really been bugging me about my Evo, it's the freakin' BUNK A$$ cupholder! I mean, c'mon, about all it's good for is two mini cans of coke, anything bigger and you might as well forget about trying to stash two drinks in it...

Ludikraut May 20, 2005 08:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So the other day I was looking at an 05 Evo, and whaddayaknow, it's got a bigger cupholder... I'll be damned! Gz*&%$#*!! .. but it got the wheels turning and I figure, what the heck, I bet a regular lancer cupholder will fit into my '03 Evo just fine ... see the results below.

Autoxevo May 20, 2005 08:55 PM

LOL! ...get...smaller...drinks...

Ludikraut May 20, 2005 08:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Silly me, for some reason I thought my cupholder was grey, which is why I ordered a gray one ... :crap: :crap: :crap:

... guess I will be painting it next week. Hmm, or maybe just apply a CF sticker to make it look like the Ralliart OEM parts. :lol:

Also a snapshot of where the IC sprayer switch went. I just tied it down and stashed it underneath the cupholder. I never use it anyways ... although I might splice it into my XEDE at some point in time.

l8r)

Ludikraut May 20, 2005 08:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Last, but not least, the finished install.

l8r)

03EvoVIII May 20, 2005 09:02 PM

This post made me laugh, but I know what you mean. If my wife and I both have a drink mine usually stays in my lap.

Good job with the install, I would have never thought about that. As for your I/C sprayer switch why not move it over to where the ACD switch would be... unless you have ACD

Blitzbaster02 May 20, 2005 10:27 PM

badass, i think Ill do that!

rocketscience May 20, 2005 10:40 PM

actually, that is a good idea. The cupholder, that is. However, in good ol Japanese fashion, I think this can be improved upon, if simply to keep the I/C switch. It is, after all, just a momentary switch with a couple wires going to it. Hmmm....

edit: you'd either need a 3 position with momentary/off/on, or 2 switches. 1 momentary and 1 on. very simple to do.

MattGold May 21, 2005 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by 03EvoVIII
This post made me laugh, but I know what you mean. If my wife and I both have a drink mine usually stays in my lap.

Wh-what?

That's why I have a girlfriend - instant cup holder! :lol:

Drag'nGT May 21, 2005 08:12 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No one is allowed to drink in my car anyway. :D

en1gma19 May 21, 2005 08:15 AM

Lol. You don't need the big ass cup of sugary soda crap anyway :lol:

Centrylancer May 21, 2005 08:50 AM

oh thats funneh

now you said you were fixing things you didn't like, whats on the list for the next project?

evo_dadi May 21, 2005 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by MattGold
Wh-what?

That's why I have a girlfriend - instant cup holder! :lol:

but for how long is she gonna hold the cup :lol: cool idea.imo you can just drill a hole for the ic sprayer closer to the center console cubby.

godane79 May 21, 2005 08:57 AM

i guess the holder is meant for mineral water bottles instead of your usual coke cans!!!!

Mitsu trying to promote healthy lifestyle? :p ! Stay outta soft drinks guys!

t3t418t May 21, 2005 10:51 PM

Whats the part number for that cup holder?