EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Show / Shine (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-show-shine-86/)
-   -   Some Teaser Pix Yellow Evo Project (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-show-shine/149437-some-teaser-pix-yellow-evo-project.html)

TRDHarrier Jul 19, 2005 06:57 PM

Some Teaser Pix Yellow Evo Project

5 Attachment(s)
installed custom leather, custom mini battery tray, Oddyssey battery, suede interior, 5.1 surround, etc etc. :D :D Gimme some comments.

TRDHarrier Jul 19, 2005 06:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More pix!

TRDHarrier Jul 19, 2005 07:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Last 3 pix. Enjoy!

All pix are resized and compressed so not too high quality!

BADEVO Jul 19, 2005 07:03 PM

Love the leather seats and the underhood... the suede... eh not for me but It's your car bro. Looks good overall! Happy Boosting.

eling99 Jul 19, 2005 07:10 PM

im sorry for asking this..but im a little confused....it seems that everybody that has the light weight battery and the mini battery tray has an oil catch can...is it necessary to have when u have the light weight battery? thanx

DCSilvrEvo Jul 19, 2005 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by eling99
im sorry for asking this..but im a little confused....it seems that everybody that has the light weight battery and the mini battery tray has an oil catch can...is it necessary to have when u have the light weight battery? thanx

No. Not at all. It has nothing to do with the battery. Its basically keeps your intake clean.

BADEVO Jul 19, 2005 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by eling99

LOL, naah man it just makes a convienient spot to put the catch can since you decreased the battery size.

eling99 Jul 19, 2005 07:29 PM

okay thanx guys...no more confused now!!!

tke_413 Jul 19, 2005 08:11 PM

The tray looks good under there, thanks for posting the pics! Nice custom job on the rest of the car, keep it up! You might want to shorten that oil-catch tubing though.

EVOtagger Jul 19, 2005 08:38 PM

hmmm im glad i switched my interior up!

Charlie-GT Jul 19, 2005 08:43 PM

i have a question on mini batteries... are those convenient or simply would not fail you if you have a decent sound system (cd player,amp, subs, dvd etc etc) or if decide to get one should i be ready to buy another one 2 months later??? thanx

EVOtagger Jul 19, 2005 08:50 PM

car batteries are rechargable...you shouldnt have to buy a new one for a year or two...just like a regular battery....however, you will get dimming lights when your stereo hits and cold starts will be more difficult

xphillipjrx Jul 19, 2005 09:06 PM

Did you buy leather Recaros or did you have your original seats reupholstered?

ty1243 Jul 19, 2005 09:09 PM

The blackout headlights look sweet.

MalibuJack Jul 19, 2005 09:10 PM

I have had no cold-start problems with my mini battery in the real cold weather up here in the northeast.. Even after sitting in sub-zero weather a few days at one point.. I don't think deep cycling the battery (discharging it) will do any perminent damage, but there's very little reserve capacity so you would need an adequate alternator to keep your stereo happy when the car is running, and you might not want to run a powerful amp very long just off the battery.. (I definitely rarely leave the accessories running even though I've never had the battery even seem to be discharging to a alarming level)