EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Show / Shine (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-show-shine-86/)
-   -   Rice???? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-show-shine/151327-rice.html)

haze1995 Jul 31, 2005 02:33 AM

Rice????

1 Attachment(s)
I hear this term thrown around quite a bit on this site and I am curious why it is used. To me the term "RICE" means not from the USA. The Evo is from Japan so the term "RICE" could be taken as a comment. On a personal note, I changed my wing and now my car is "RICE". The EVO comes with a huge wing from the factory (I know its functional), so why isnt the Evo considered "RICE" from the factory???? I see people bashing others for the mods they do to their cars and am like WTF!!!! We all have an appreciation for a bad ass car, so why not praise people for what they do to their cars instead of bashing people. I get the Hyper Rev Mags and alot of the EVOS in the Mag have GT wings as well as vinyl graphics????? Just curious why people think the way they do?

AznFlip Jul 31, 2005 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by haze1995
I hear this term thrown around quite a bit on this site and I am curious why it is used. To me the term "RICE" means not from the USA. The Evo is from Japan so the term "RICE" could be taken as a comment. On a personal note, I changed my wing and now my car is "RICE". The EVO comes with a huge wing from the factory (I know its functional), so why isnt the Evo considered "RICE" from the factory???? I see people bashing others for the mods they do to their cars and am like WTF!!!! We all have an appreciation for a bad ass car, so why not praise people for what they do to their cars instead of bashing people. I get the Hyper Rev Mags and alot of the EVOS in the Mag have GT wings as well as vinyl graphics????? Just curious why people think the way they do?

Repost.... Rice = Dumbmess English term ever...so if you go to Japan and you will see an ugly a$$ American car, it will be called Mcdoland or wheaties... :lol:

vegasboy301 Jul 31, 2005 02:42 AM

a lot of people do think that the evo is "rice" from the factory. but to each their own

imo "rice" on an evo is underglow, excessive vinyls, or a really big non-functional spoiler

vegasboy301 Jul 31, 2005 02:44 AM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...chmentid=71436

i think the car looks fine. im liking the spoiler. i like the one on the apr evo a LOT!

raiceboi697 Jul 31, 2005 02:48 AM

dude its your money **** em if they dont like it i think ur **** looks sick..now put more money into the motor.....call ams they will do you right

haze1995 Jul 31, 2005 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by vegasboy301
or a really big non-functional spoiler

What is a non functional spoiler? Mine is adjustable and havent noticed a difference in performance. If anything its better, because its adjustable.

AznFlip Jul 31, 2005 02:51 AM

btw haze, I saw your car earlier at HIN, look awesome! check Other Cars forum for Seattle HIN pics I took.

haze1995 Jul 31, 2005 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by raiceboi697
dude its your money **** em if they dont like it i think ur **** looks sick..now put more money into the motor.....call ams they will do you right

As far as the motor goes, I want to wait till the warrenty expires. Currently I am pulling 280HP to the wheels on bolt ons alone.

AznFlip Jul 31, 2005 02:53 AM

ur car looks great.

http://home.comcast.net/~delcastillo5/IMG_1139.JPG

awdjunkies Jul 31, 2005 02:56 AM

In my opinion your car looks awesome !! and some people frown upon the unknown or the Original.. To me YOUR car looks original.. (Which I think is the style you were going with) not a lot of people DARE put a wing like that on their cars/evo's for fright that they too will be bashed by the entire community.. I say keep being original and dont let the comments steer you away from doing what it is you want to persue .... Now on the other hand, I think people do have a right to bash or comment on your car simply because .. well... You posted it on this forum.. so it leaves/gives everyone out there a chance to voice their opinion ...

What you might try to do since you also live here on the west coast(sort of) is drive down to Las Vegas and meet up with ^ this guy (vegasboy301) and have him do a cool set of pictures to accent your extras.. maybe then people will see that the car's spoiler adds a touch of racey class(not to be confused with RICEY)!!!
I mean its not painted F & F Green or pink.. it doesnt have 2000000 Decals... Remember .... One man's Trash, Is another man's Treasure ;)
Just my 0.02 cents ;)

haze1995 Jul 31, 2005 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by awdjunkies
In my opinion you car looks awesome !! and some people frown upon the unknown or the Original.. To me YOUR car looks original.. (Which I think is the style you were going with) not a lot of people DARE put a wing like that on their cars/evo's for fright that they too will be bashed by the entire community.. I say keep being original and dont let the comments steer you away from doing what it is you want to persue .... Now on the other hand, I think people do have a right to bash or comment on your car simply because .. well... You posted it on this forum.. so it leaves/gives everyone out there a chance to voice their opinion ...

What you might try to do since you also live here on the west coast(sort of) is drive down to Las Vegas and meet up with ^ this guy (vegasboy301) and have him do a cool set of pictures to accent your extras.. maybe then people will see that the car's spoiler adds a touch of racey class(not to be confused with RICEY)!!!
I meanits not painted F & F Green or pink.. it doesnt have 2000000 Decals... just my 0.02 cents ;)

I know people have their opinions and they are welcome to comment as they please. I could really care less if people like my car or not. It was the term "RICE" I was curious about. I appreciate all the comments none the less. :)
As far a s coming to LV, that might have to wait till next year, as I will be deploying to Afghanistan. I would love to come to LV to meet you guys. Would make for a great road trip.

vegasboy301 Jul 31, 2005 03:08 AM

What is a non functional spoiler? Mine is adjustable and havent noticed a difference in performance. If anything its better, because its adjustable.

yours is fine.. im talking about the ones on like civics and stuff.

awdjunkies Jul 31, 2005 03:08 AM

heck yeah it would ... As for the term RICE, What they want to mean is something that looks ridiculous out in public .. (ie.. putting fake spinners on a van would be considered RICE to them..lol )

AznFlip Jul 31, 2005 03:10 AM

Using the term "rice" is been out of control, people be using as an insult, not really an opinions. Back in the days, those Domestic car drivers called Asian cars rice burners because they can burn those V8s.

haze1995 Jul 31, 2005 03:12 AM

lol, which is the the reason I started this thread. Granted I dont race my car but at least I know I could if I wanted to.

BTW we need to organize a meet sometime next year??? I would be down to drive to LV, but the rest of the club is another story. We should work on this. Could be a killer time!!!!!

Originally Posted by vegasboy301
yours is fine.. im talking about the ones on like civics and stuff.