EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Show / Shine (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-show-shine-86/)
-   -   What color wheels look the best on a silver Evo?? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-show-shine/16698-what-color-wheels-look-best-silver-evo.html)

91TB78 Mar 16, 2003 10:23 AM

What color wheels look the best on a silver Evo??

I've seen all sorts of pics, but I am wondering what everyone thinks looks the best on a silver Evo?

Silver, bronze, gunmetal, or white wheels

HS Mar 16, 2003 10:32 AM

Re: What color wheels look the best on a silver Evo??

Originally posted by 91TB78
I've seen all sorts of pics, but I am wondering what everyone thinks looks the best on a silver Evo?

Silver, bronze, gunmetal, or white wheels

Bronze?!? go get a sti, white?!? maybe on a white car but not silver. I'd leave em stock, or maybe the evo7 wheel

trance Mar 16, 2003 10:45 AM

for $5.99 you can pick up a copy of the April Super street mag...with it is a cool little cd that has a neat program that lets you choose rims for a car and even lets you change between 16's-19's you can also lower it to your pleasure , choose your car color too...and get this...one of the cars on the program is a EVO VIII...so there you go...for a meer $5.99 you can see for your self...even print out the pic.
i posted a thread of this yesterday now maybe people can do their own thinking and see what they like without makeing hundreds of threads about what looks best and wich to get(sorry for the rant...but come on people)

teamdomokun Mar 16, 2003 10:52 AM

Trust me... PURE BLACK is the way to go. Looks awesome on any silver car. Gunmetal if you cant find black...

91TB78 Mar 16, 2003 12:12 PM

Re: Re: What color wheels look the best on a silver Evo??

Originally posted by HS

Bronze?!? go get a sti, white?!? maybe on a white car but not silver. I'd leave em stock, or maybe the evo7 wheel

I've seen a few bronze on silver cars that look really sharp. I like the white car with bronze wheel look. I was just throwing out the option of white. I know Claudius runs white Speedlines with his silver 6 TME.

The STi uses gold anyhow.

J'sLancerLS Mar 16, 2003 01:06 PM

Hey! Whats wrong with good old CHROME!:D I guess I'm just a chrome freak.

91TB78 Mar 16, 2003 02:14 PM

Js, are you serious?! :crap:

iwantmyevo Mar 16, 2003 04:41 PM

I want some gunmetal te 37's:headbang:

J'sLancerLS Mar 16, 2003 05:00 PM

Actually yes, I am. I've always liked polished aluminum and chrome. I work for Bogart Racing Wheels:D and everything we build is polished aluminum. Nothing like a set of chrome wheels flashing in the SoCal sun while cruising the beach!:headbang:

SWIFT1 Mar 16, 2003 05:02 PM

some gunmetal rims with a polished lip. {blob}

RayfuM5 Mar 16, 2003 06:54 PM

Gunmetal Volk gt-n's

91TB78 Mar 17, 2003 09:04 AM

I know that Volk LE37Ts are anthracite with a polished lip. They look really sharp.

skibum Mar 17, 2003 09:38 AM

Gunmetal makes you look like one these clowns who never washes their wheels. You know the kind where the front wheels are gunmetal from 3 years of brake dust. They almost look like steelies at first glance. Around here the first thought is "oh they must be snow tires".
White wheels look great on other colors but I'm not sure about silver cars.:dunno:
I got BBS chrome for my quattro because I got a smokin deal but now I kind of feel like a "Mac Daddy" :thumbdown
Silver wheels always look cool.:thumbup:

My 2 cents

ONIMUSHA Mar 30, 2003 12:38 AM

Gunmetal Mesh... Polished lip or not...

TwiNpnOy84 Mar 30, 2003 01:15 PM

Stay with the silver aluminum alloy rims