EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Show / Shine (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-show-shine-86/)
-   -   Custom touched screen installed (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-show-shine/195522-custom-touched-screen-installed.html)

mercedevo Apr 13, 2006 10:36 PM

Custom touched screen installed

5 Attachment(s)
Check out my new addition. It is a custom home made dash and new A/C relocation console. The set up cosisted of an 8" touched screen monitor, slot loader, dvd player, and a pentium 4 pc to run GPS navigation and customized Frodo Player program. Added to the player was the "Evolution VIII" logo. More to come later.

BADEVO Apr 13, 2006 10:38 PM

Looks good man, I did mine a few months ago. What set up did you use to relocate the HVAC?

J8dailo Apr 13, 2006 10:40 PM

damn nice, i buy it

mercedevo Apr 13, 2006 10:40 PM

It is fiber glass custom made.

FluxedSpeed Apr 13, 2006 10:42 PM

Nice job, but come on, what's with the Mariah Carey crap!

Rich@Orbital Apr 13, 2006 10:44 PM

Goodstuff!

Anyone else interested in a similiar setup, check out the GB i'm running for the Orbital Prestige 2-DIN Dash Kit. The GB discount ends tomorrow, so check it out asap.

-Rich

john91709 Apr 13, 2006 10:45 PM

looks good {thumbup}

mercedevo Apr 13, 2006 10:49 PM

I couldn't wait for the Orbital Prestige 2-DIN Dash Kit. Not only that, I needed a slot for my dvd player. Therefore, I had no choice but to make one myself. Btw, it was a biatch!

EVOL EDO Apr 13, 2006 10:49 PM

how much was everything? did you do it all yourself?

mercedevo Apr 13, 2006 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by FluxedSpeed
Nice job, but come on, what's with the Mariah Carey crap!

I knew someone would say that. That was my wife's disc. :)

Rich@Orbital Apr 13, 2006 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by mercedevo
I couldn't wait for the Orbital Prestige 2-DIN Dash Kit. Not only that, I needed a slot for my dvd player. Therefore, I had no choice but to make one myself. Btw, it was a biatch!

I wish I could have helped you out bro. But nevertheless, it looks great. Good work man!

mercedevo Apr 13, 2006 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by EVOL EDO
how much was everything? did you do it all yourself?

Well, I broke the first touched screen and had to reordered. Free PC from a bro-in-law and all other little crap. Approximately $800 more or less. Would be $200 less if I didn't break the first screen. And yes everything was done and installed myself. Can't wait until I get my Zeitronix back. It is being sent back for repair, so that I can intergrade into the player.

BADEVO Apr 13, 2006 10:58 PM

You using FRODO player correct? I am using road runner , but was considering Frodo.
As you I am running a Zeitronix. I plan on changing my whole system out in the next week or so, more pics on that later. ;)

BADEVO Apr 13, 2006 10:59 PM

PS- Can you send me some close up pics of your HVAC controls?

mercedevo Apr 13, 2006 11:00 PM

I haven't use Road Runner, but Frodo player seems to work for me.