EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Show / Shine (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-show-shine-86/)
-   -   evo bumper exhaust stain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-show-shine/32789-evo-bumper-exhaust-stain.html)

SSKILLA Jul 29, 2003 03:57 PM

evo bumper exhaust stain

any one know how to take the black stains off the rear bumper with out damaging the paint or clear....??? this really sucks.....yellow evo black stains dont mix.... :dunno:

SSKILLA Jul 29, 2003 05:23 PM

any 1 ?

sccavee Jul 29, 2003 05:36 PM

Buy a air/fuel controller to lean the car out :D That is one way to do it.

Ryanmcd2 Jul 29, 2003 05:37 PM

I used wax and a clay bar to clean it with

SSKILLA Jul 29, 2003 05:42 PM

i have the s-afc2 at home but im waiting for the fields harness...2 more weeks to come in the mail.......explain a bit more on the clay bar and wax...its sounds interesting

Jovani Jul 29, 2003 11:07 PM

Howd this happend and what exhaust are you running?

SSKILLA Jul 29, 2003 11:11 PM

i have a yellow evo and even with the stock exhaust it stained it now i was a 3inch turbo back with a apex n-1 muffler....sounds beautiful..but anyways it was alot worse with the stock ehaust it got a little better with the bolt ons.... :dunno:

ricardon Jul 29, 2003 11:35 PM

just use a little car wax bro...it'll come right off. I throw a little on the exhaust cutout every time I wash the car (every week) even if I don't wax the whole thing. You'll be surprised at how easily it comes off!

Jason Jul 29, 2003 11:37 PM

Leaning the car out may lead to disaster if you lean the car out too much (detonation) I would probably just stick to cleaning the bumber on a regular basis with the wax and a clay bar.

SSKILLA Jul 29, 2003 11:39 PM

cool thnx for the info im gonna try that and also go ahead and give my baby her first wax...ill post the results this weekend of the cosmetic surgery :headbang:

SSKILLA Jul 29, 2003 11:40 PM

sorry for asking but what the hell is a clay bar? :dunno:

ricardon Jul 29, 2003 11:45 PM

clay bars are good for lifting all of the fallout that sticks to the car that is hard to get off with normal wax/polish. I personally would recommend against it until you've got a real problem though. JMO I know there is varrying opinions on this.

SSKILLA Jul 29, 2003 11:48 PM

lol ill stick to the wax.. {thumbup}

__NiTe__ Jul 30, 2003 09:25 PM

Naw, you should use clay bar. It's good ****. It takes everything off. I had a super old '91 Benz that hadn't been cleaned properly for.... the whole time. And I decided to give it a good detail and I used clay bar and it took all that rough **** off it. It's as smooth as a baby's butt now. Just go to Autozone of Kragen's. They shud have clay bar. I suggest Meguiar's or Mother's (Mother's is supposedly better...)

SilverEvo8owner Jul 30, 2003 09:44 PM

wheel cleaner and a toothbrush