EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Show / Shine (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-show-shine-86/)
-   -   My EVO with or without wing? Opinions? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-show-shine/510300-my-evo-without-wing-opinions.html)

silkey00 Aug 22, 2010 01:35 PM

My EVO with or without wing? Opinions?

Really torn right now whether or not i wanna keep the wing or not. I have a black one and a red MR one, but when i was switing them, i took a step back and looked at it, and im afraid i may have fell in love...... what do you guys think? Here are a couple pics.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._7516223_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._4229869_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1290578_n.jpg

Now without the wing....

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...5_549666_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1720229_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._3838146_n.jpg

Opinions?

sliqdaddy91 Aug 22, 2010 01:38 PM

paint job first...in my opinion, the wing on and a single tone paint job would make the car more aesthetically pleasing

sho669 Aug 22, 2010 01:46 PM

I think the wing completes the look of the two tone. If you took the black all the way back over the trunk the wingless would look better IMO. I'm a huge fan of wingless evo's, it's how I run mine.

silkey00 Aug 22, 2010 01:47 PM

wait.... so you dont like the paint job? It's getting redone this winter, but all i planned on doing was taking the black to the back of the trunk to meet the back on the car.... just to make it look a little more flush. a lot is getting changed on the car. it is getting a full body kit and gold put between the black and red and gold calipers, but im more soncerned with whether or not the wing should stay or go...

silkey00 Aug 22, 2010 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by sho669 (Post 8605041)
I think the wing completes the look of the two tone. If you took the black all the way back over the trunk the wingless would look better IMO. I'm a huge fan of wingless evo's, it's how I run mine.

exactly what i was planning! :D

BoostWhore Aug 22, 2010 01:49 PM

I would paint the car one solid color or just do the roof black.

silkey00 Aug 22, 2010 01:50 PM

Wow.... didnt realize there would be so many dislikes on the paint job....

stwhollywood Aug 22, 2010 02:05 PM

dont like the 2 tone personally either, just black on the roof. or all one color. that will be the consensus of most of the people who post on here probably. stock body, stock color with do-luck front lip and JDM rear or Voltex or APR widebody is what most will like. but you should not do stuff to your car just because its what other people like. its your car and do what you want with it. It might not be what most would do but its being original, so props for that.. not what i would do, but if you like it, cheers.

Gigsohard Aug 22, 2010 02:58 PM

agreed paint job needs to be one whole color i say leave the wing on

JDMJNKY Aug 22, 2010 03:00 PM

I say w/......especially since it flows w/ your paint job.

jnebs Aug 22, 2010 03:03 PM

i think you need a paint job first lol. wingless

evosam726 Aug 22, 2010 03:08 PM

haha im not gonna say anything about your paint job, cuz to every man his own. but i would say go wingless, if the trunk was black w/ ur set-up.

savaho Aug 22, 2010 03:20 PM

i'd go wingless. the paint job is hideous IMO

coolguyuno1 Aug 22, 2010 03:25 PM

Keep the wing, it completes your color scheme.

Genesis8 Aug 22, 2010 03:28 PM

+1

Originally Posted by savaho (Post 8605260)
i'd go wingless. The paint job is hideous imo

RockmanX Aug 22, 2010 03:38 PM

yea with that paint job you kind of need to keep the wing to flush it out. I personally hate evos with no wings period i dont really care what the look is. For a two tone job has to be done just right and i dont see any two tone job on a evo looking good. but alast its your beast hook it up however you like not what others taste are {thumbup}

eboogie Aug 22, 2010 03:54 PM

sorry bro but you are killing the car with that paint job... but hey if you like it thats all that counts.. I will keep the black wing.. {thumbup}

adnmoh1 Aug 22, 2010 05:08 PM

lose the two tone keep the wing

silkey00 Aug 22, 2010 05:11 PM

lol. well... never really seen all these comments coming... well, im keeping the color scheme, just getting it extended to the lip of the trunk so it's flush...... i dont see why everyone thinks its so hideous though. nobody has one that looks anywhere near this, and i think it looks nice. so...yeah.... im keeping it. still in the air about the wing though....

SuperMoto! Aug 22, 2010 05:19 PM

Wingless FTW!

Roberti22 Aug 22, 2010 05:22 PM

my vote is one color all the way around and wingless...or some wheels to set off the 2 tone paint

wingless FTW!

milford Aug 22, 2010 05:26 PM

single tone paint job and wingless...re clear those calipers. as for the body kit idea, i think you should go another route. maybe a nice front lip and a jdm rear bumper or something.

silkey00 Aug 22, 2010 05:32 PM

You guys thought that paint job was horrendous? wait til you hear what im doing to the body. Here's what i already have and am going to put on it.

-JDM rear bumper
-Chargespeed rear bumper extensions
-CWest sideskirts that im going to get painted black
-black Greddy front lip
-JDM 9 Taillights
-9 MR wing
-im currently shopping for some black rims
-the paint will get fixed to go back to the lip of the trunk and so will the wing. there will be a gold stripe between the black and red, and the calipers are getting powdercoated gold with a red brembo.

like i said, there is still a lot to get done to the body.... sounds like an absolute terrible idea, but i can picture it in my head and i dont think that its going to look as terrible as im sure everyone is going to think it will......

injentech42 Aug 22, 2010 05:38 PM

yea dude spray that top red lol

EvoNyMR136 Aug 22, 2010 05:43 PM

first one solid color, then better wheels, 3rd get rid of chrome evo head and tails for blackouted or jdm

Johnx972 Aug 22, 2010 09:01 PM

new paint job would be best

4G63kevin Aug 22, 2010 09:03 PM

not diggin the paint.

evo9ben Aug 22, 2010 09:04 PM

+1 roof black and 1 solid color imo

EvoSeanzie Aug 22, 2010 09:07 PM

With what your plans are, I would throw a gold pinstripe on those black rims too. Maybe not wingless, but like your plan, paint the trunk black, and go with the rexpeed type C in black as well. This would look "BTFA" imho. ;)

Drew_FL Aug 22, 2010 09:30 PM

Honestly, i saw the paint, and looked at the car for about 20 seconds... and i questioned if i was looking at an evo or a 2006 lancer. I say paint job... ONE COLOR... and some new taillights, then you would really pull off the wingless look.

Jim in Tucson Aug 22, 2010 09:38 PM

1. Wingless.
2. Leave paint as is.
3. Paint wheels black to match.
4. Drop it.
5. {thumbup}

:mitsu:

chamelieon Aug 22, 2010 11:44 PM

i say drop that bish and theen get a paint job!!

4g63Moon Aug 23, 2010 01:02 AM

If the car was on coilovers and slammed on the ground with a one color paint job, it will look nice wingless. Since ur getting ur paint job redone, go with one color man. Black,silver,red,grey whatever it is and keep the wing

silkey00 Aug 23, 2010 06:57 AM

I have a set of Sustech Pro 7 coilovers sitting in the basement i havent put on yet. So it will be dropped. It's just on the list on things to do.. :-\

arnoldp Aug 23, 2010 02:37 PM

not feelin the two tone dude. Paint it all red or all black. Keep the wing and keep the body clean. :beer:

ssg_petty_210 Aug 23, 2010 02:43 PM

if your sticking with the two tone, leave the wing off. If you plan on painting it a solid color, go wingless.

mitsumanny Aug 23, 2010 02:49 PM

I'm curious as to why you want to go with a IX MR wing. The VIII wing is full carbon fiber as opposed to the IX that just has a carbon fiber center piece.......uhhhhh I mean I'll sell you my IX MR wing for $300 plus your VIII wing :) lol

snowfish Aug 23, 2010 03:08 PM

With wing!

silkey00 Aug 23, 2010 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by mitsumanny (Post 8608077)
I'm curious as to why you want to go with a IX MR wing. The VIII wing is full carbon fiber as opposed to the IX that just has a carbon fiber center piece.......uhhhhh I mean I'll sell you my IX MR wing for $300 plus your VIII wing :) lol

lol. thanks, but i already have the wing and put it on today. the carbon fiber on my 8 wing was coming off and i got a killer deal on a mint 9 wing. i like the fact that there is less carbon fiber on it. i dont have any carbon fiber on my car and it doesnt look good on it. plus, i like the look of the 9 MR wing with the little lip on it.

space Aug 24, 2010 07:30 AM

Two tone paint job is an old fad now but even if it were a current trend, it certiainly does not suit the Evo. As mentioned, it makes an Evo look more like a pedestrian sedan/lancer.

evo_pirate Aug 24, 2010 10:30 AM

i think you should stick with the black wing it really sets off your car and goes very well with everything. i really love wingless evos but some evos just look awesome and need the wing to tie everything together and this is one of those evos

evo<3 Aug 24, 2010 11:14 AM

keep the wing in your case, not too big on two tone, but owell i love wingless only with the jdm rear tho

durangorider Aug 24, 2010 03:38 PM

always with.

Tommy_Lee Aug 24, 2010 03:52 PM

lol get a single tone paint please

Jim in Tucson Aug 27, 2010 09:27 AM

One question...forty nine different answers.

Just goes to show how much individual personal preference differs. And that's a good thing in my mind. Nothing wrong with your EVO being unique. You don't have to be a sheeple. Go with what YOU like. It is your car after all.

Just sayin' {thumbup}

God bless America, where we can personalize our EVOs to our hearts content!

:mitsu:

ExplosEvo Aug 27, 2010 10:19 AM

I will say that while I dont like the paint job really, if you want to keep it, you just need to do some stuff to help pull it off better. The car needs to look alot more aggressive. Lower it, and get some wide wheels with a fat lip and some wide tires. Keep the wing, it helps to pull together the paint job too. Like said before by others, darken the headlights and tails.

If your car looks super aggressive and bad a** then it is sort of forgiving of the less than popular paint scheme. If you have a stock look (ride height, wheel offset and width) then it just looks lame. I wouldnt go crazy with the body kit either. Just get a lip on the front. Also, the gold add in with the red and black?! Maybe something more subtle?

Last maybe add 200WHP, cause at least if everyone thinks your car looks like ish...you can beat them in a race.

dmitirygolos Aug 27, 2010 04:52 PM

go back to all red. and black rims. keep the wing.

NoregonEVO8 Aug 27, 2010 04:56 PM

wing! and paint ur rims black, dont listen to the haters, just do u! aka brushum off yo shoulda!

silkey00 Aug 31, 2010 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by ExplosEvo (Post 8620812)
I will say that while I dont like the paint job really, if you want to keep it, you just need to do some stuff to help pull it off better. The car needs to look alot more aggressive. Lower it, and get some wide wheels with a fat lip and some wide tires. Keep the wing, it helps to pull together the paint job too. Like said before by others, darken the headlights and tails.

If your car looks super aggressive and bad a** then it is sort of forgiving of the less than popular paint scheme. If you have a stock look (ride height, wheel offset and width) then it just looks lame. I wouldnt go crazy with the body kit either. Just get a lip on the front. Also, the gold add in with the red and black?! Maybe something more subtle?

Last maybe add 200WHP, cause at least if everyone thinks your car looks like ish...you can beat them in a race.

my car is already making 566hp/420tq. once i get a good tune and throw a few more things together, it should be in the 650 range on pump gas. if thats not intimidating then i dont know what is!

ODUB Aug 31, 2010 09:13 AM

keep the wing, lose the terrible paint job

gotspeed Aug 31, 2010 09:53 AM

are for real with that paint?