Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.
View Poll Results: Is the clearcoat on your brembos pealing?
2003 EVO: NOT pealing
9.14%
2003 EVO: pealing
54.22%
2004 EVO: NOT pealing
3.31%
2004 EVO: pealing
6.61%
2005 EVO: NOT pealing
9.14%
2005 EVO: pealing
17.58%
Voters: 1149. You may not vote on this poll

Brembos Paint Peeling (Mega Merge)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2005, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you get to keep the old calipers? >=)
Old Jan 12, 2005, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Yea, my clearcoat just started to suddenly go last week. Just out of nowhere a large area of it, maybe 4-6 sq inches. Oh well, its a rally car
Old Jan 12, 2005, 04:34 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you know it's caused by the brake fluids leaking, right?

I have all 4 like that because the tech doesn't know how to bleed the brakes right. Moron...
Old Jan 12, 2005, 04:47 PM

yeah,happen to mine too..both right calipers.19k miles.and also my carbon fiber wing
started to fade.air bubles
Old Jan 12, 2005, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

It is a warrantee issue.. Not from the brake fluid.. Never touched the brakes yet.. 22,000 miles.. Still have just under half the life left in the brakes... Some friends of mine in Orlando that have had that problem, had thier brake calipers changed as well.. Seems to be an issue that is being covered..
Old Jan 12, 2005, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

wouldn't it be easier to just repaint them, rather than getting brand new calipers? I mean, I'm all for making Mitsu take responsibility, but hey it seems like it'd take a lot less time to just repaint them!
Old Jan 12, 2005, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Hey bro... If you paint them, no Brembo on it.. I like it there... Hahahaha...

If there is anything wrong with the car that I didn't do, I want them to fix it... Let them put new calipers on.. This way, if something goes wrong, it's on them... Besides, I'm gonna have them put the Brembo drilled rotors on when they do it.. It's rediculous how many guys I know that are having this problem.. Let them fix it...
Old Jan 12, 2005, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

^^^ yeah, mine are chipping cuz of the spray on cleaner I used though... (I think), so I'm gonna repaint mine and get new stickers made. But that is a very good point!
Old Jan 14, 2005, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Mine too and like racebisciot I am beginning to doubt that it was the cleaner as the rear ones on my car are fine. just the front one look like the need some lotion.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

It really is an issue other than the spray cleaners and such.. I know 10 other gys that have NEVER put anything on thier wheels other than soap and water like me, and they are having the same problem... Besides, Mits wouldn't warrantee something like that if it was the customers fault...
Old Jan 15, 2005, 03:47 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's warranty issue, but it's brake fluid.

It's done at the dock, and the technicians don't do a good job bleeding the brakes and cleaning them.

trust me, it's the brake fluids.

I had my front left one done because of the brake fluid leaking from the factory, now the idiot mechanic f ucked up bleeding it again and I have 1 good front left caliper and 3 peeling calipers all around.

Did you know that most Mitsubishi dealers don't know how to bleed 4 piston caliper brakes?
Old Feb 3, 2005, 09:15 AM

Cracking!

It isn't the brake fluid it is the poor heat disapation of the calipers and rotors. Mine have been fine for 2 years and after enjoying the car in a pretty good snowstorm w/snowtires I have four peeling rotors. When the calipers heat up under extreem braking conditions the water or snow watever you are driving in at the time can cause the clearcoat to crack off. I am dealing with this BS currently. If they donot repair them I will be sending in a lawsuite to Mitsubishi and would be happy to turn it into a class action. It should not be the customer's problem that they din't desighn the system properly. I paid retail and everytime I have a question the dealership I bought the car gives my a bs pass the buck excuse. Bigger Mitsubishi in Elgin Illinois blows. Bought four cars in my family in 3 years and couldn't give a penny off. Bought my wifes Endevor limited at another deealership that cares. They make all the money but don't want the responsibilities. Mybe they should consider dropping Mitsu. and picking up another lineif they are sick of getting recalls and warranty issues. My 2 cents. Thanks,

Last edited by jspecEVO; Feb 3, 2005 at 09:18 AM.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

makes you think back to how false that ad is on tv about mitsu being the best backed cars in america. bs!
Old Feb 3, 2005, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

this is wat i cannot comprehend.. first i say i wax my calibers and you laugh... i know its going beyond the normal to do it.. then again so is complaining cuz the paint is chipping alil from a wear item.... the calibers get plastered with salt, debris and dirt and it gets ZERO wax or attention and you expect it to last forever? lol

oh and yes it is clear coated... powercoated or not.. paint is paint... and u protect paint the same way u do, either it be on your calibers or the body panels... WAX

Last edited by mifesto; Feb 3, 2005 at 09:44 AM.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 09:38 AM

RE: Calipers

Regardless, they have a 7year warr. on paint defects. The car has had paint problems since I bought it on the driverside. It came with complimetary paint chips on the driverside rear wheelwell. Mitsubishi sucks and they will never get my buisness again. I don't care if they come out with a 400hp EVO their quality and BS warranty coverage is the worst I've ever exp. I hope toyota comes out with something soon so I can get rid of this bucket of bolts. At least they take care of thier customers. If my buddy didn't run the dealership I would be left out in the cold again! What kind of a company brags about thier warranty coverage but then does nothing to help the consumer. I forgot their new president is the same guy from Hyundai. Please, get a clue Mitsu. your losing customers with cash money!

Quick Reply: Brembos Paint Peeling (Mega Merge)