Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

KW coilovers w/ cusco camber plates?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2006, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KW coilovers w/ cusco camber plates?

Ok this is kind of a newb/ stupid question, but this is my first coilover install and i want to make sure I am doing it right. I just got my kw v3 coilovers in the mail as well as my cusco camber plates (thanks Adam!). Since the kw's instructions are mostly in german, and cusco's are in japanese im trying to figure exactly how they fit together...

The top spring perch of the kw's hits the camber adjustment bolts (4 bolts that you losen and tighten to adjust camber). I THINK i may need to put a plastic 1/4" thick washer in between the spring perch and the camber plate, but since i cant read the directions i am not 100% sure. If anyone has experience using the cusco camber plates I would just like to confirm w/ them first that this is what needs to be done. Thanks for your help.

And yes i used search, but couldnt seem to find anything.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 04:34 PM

I am just about to go throught the same process this weekend. However with my Cusco tops, I got a couple of spacers in the box in a small clip lock plastic bag. I initially had the sme issue as you. Fitted up the cusco top to the coulover and noticed the bolts on the top fouling it....then I spotted the little spacers. Problem solved.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 04:24 AM
Evolving Member

Doing the same myself at the moment. The spacers that come with the kit go on first then the plate and then the black nut is threaded onto the strut.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nick735
Ok this is kind of a newb/ stupid question, but this is my first coilover install and i want to make sure I am doing it right. I just got my kw v3 coilovers in the mail as well as my cusco camber plates (thanks Adam!). Since the kw's instructions are mostly in german, and cusco's are in japanese im trying to figure exactly how they fit together...

The top spring perch of the kw's hits the camber adjustment bolts (4 bolts that you losen and tighten to adjust camber). I THINK i may need to put a plastic 1/4" thick washer in between the spring perch and the camber plate, but since i cant read the directions i am not 100% sure. If anyone has experience using the cusco camber plates I would just like to confirm w/ them first that this is what needs to be done. Thanks for your help.

And yes i used search, but couldnt seem to find anything.
Nick...sorry to resurrect a thread from the dead but I'll be doing the same installation in the next few weeks...KW3 + Cusco camber plates. How did everything turn out?
Old Apr 6, 2007, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Steiner
Nick...sorry to resurrect a thread from the dead but I'll be doing the same installation in the next few weeks...KW3 + Cusco camber plates. How did everything turn out?
Not too good.... If you REALLY want to run this combo I suggest running a tappered upper spring perch. This will allow more clearance between the camber plate bolts and the upper spring perch. You can find them here
Old Apr 6, 2007, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the tip. My buddy is running the KW3 coilovers/Cusco camber plate combo and loves it. No clunking or anything. It seems like a lot of people aren't so lucky though. For me though it's starting to sound like maybe too much of a gamble for 2-3 track days per year.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

Sell the Cusco camber plates and buy the Ground Control camber plates.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nick735
Not too good.... If you REALLY want to run this combo I suggest running a tappered upper spring perch. This will allow more clearance between the camber plate bolts and the upper spring perch. You can find them here
Nick...did you use the bolts that came with the Cusco plates?
Old Apr 10, 2007, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

No i bought shorter ones. Due to the amount of camber i was running, they still came in contact with the spring perch.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

How much camber were you running?
Old Apr 15, 2007, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

A little under 3 degrees up front
Old Apr 15, 2007, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

That's weird. Did you use the spacers in addition to the shorter bolts once you got the clunking?