Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Motive Bleeder is simply AWESOME!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2007, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rally Sport Direct looks to be the cheapest for model 107; $63 shipped.
http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop...er-p-2754.html[/QUOTE]

stikiller also has model 0107 for $55; $65 shipped.
http://www.stikiller.com/product.php?productid=16739

Z-1 has model 107 for $67 shipped:
http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...ng&prodid=2740

GTWorx carries this product too...

Last edited by boomn29; Oct 1, 2007 at 10:07 AM. Reason: 2 options
Old Sep 19, 2007, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
thats the thing, you don't want the import one. you want the ford one mentioned above.

Not sure what one they're actually selling.

I went straight to motive and paid $10 less than all the vendors were selling it for.

didn't make too much sense to me
Model #0107 as sold on RallySportDirect et al as the Evo/Subie bleeder is actually the Ford 3-prong model. Why Mitsu/Subaru would have the same size brake fluid reservoir cap size as Ford, I have no idea. Maybe the same reason my Corrado has a GM steering column

The universal one (also called "import" in some places) uses a system of chains and seals to get seated, a lot more hassle than screwing on a cap.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Just used my Motive Power Bleeder for the first time (thx GTWorx). Definitely made things a lot easier, and it's an easy 1 man job now. Pretty straight forward really!

1 questions though:
Is there a good way to store this device? Being that the prong/connector doesn't come with a cap or anything...
Old Sep 27, 2007, 04:59 PM
Ron
Evolving Member

I would never use a pressure bleeder. It forces air to go into solution in the brake fluid, with obvious side effects.

I spent the longest time trying to figure out why a particular race team was having brake fade issues. After a while I learned they were pressure bleeding. Once they stopped doing this, the fade problems vanished.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 09:29 PM
avs

Originally Posted by Ron
I would never use a pressure bleeder. It forces air to go into solution in the brake fluid, with obvious side effects.

I spent the longest time trying to figure out why a particular race team was having brake fade issues. After a while I learned they were pressure bleeding. Once they stopped doing this, the fade problems vanished.
Can anyone confirmed this?
Old Jan 7, 2008, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
i've heard it a couple times.....

if it bothers you then get this:

http://www.mityvac.com/pages/products_fee.asp

make sure to get the 7400 hand pump version

i got one... it's so easy because you don't need to have a bleed bottle, it just contains everything. only thing is you need to run over and fill the resevoir... that's a small price to pay for not even having to break out the oil pan.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 11:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by trinydex
i've heard it a couple times.....

if it bothers you then get this:

http://www.mityvac.com/pages/products_fee.asp

make sure to get the 7400 hand pump version

i got one... it's so easy because you don't need to have a bleed bottle, it just contains everything. only thing is you need to run over and fill the resevoir... that's a small price to pay for not even having to break out the oil pan.
Allright, makes sense it's better to suck then blow lol, anyways. What was your process? I'm assuming evac the old fluid out of the res, fill with new, hook up the vac to the screw with one of the hose/attachments, build pressure, open the screw.....wait...pump...wait...pump.....close the screw WITH fluid still moving (so as to not suck air back in after vacuum runs out?) , disconnect the pump?
Old Jan 8, 2008, 03:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ron

do what? if that was the case you'd see it foaming inside the tank itself.

Going back to science 101, liquids (normally) are non-compressable.

With the low 5-10 psi you're putting on the fluid (as long as you don't run out), i'd imagine you're just fine. I've used mine for years, and the only fade problems i'd had were killing perfectly good PF race pads with too much heat, (and no brake ducting).
Old Jan 8, 2008, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

motive bledder rocks ...
Old Jan 8, 2008, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
do what? if that was the case you'd see it foaming inside the tank itself.

Going back to science 101, liquids (normally) are non-compressable.

With the low 5-10 psi you're putting on the fluid (as long as you don't run out), i'd imagine you're just fine. I've used mine for years, and the only fade problems i'd had were killing perfectly good PF race pads with too much heat, (and no brake ducting).
even with fluids being incompressible you're increasing the vapor pressure above the fluid forcing more vapor to go into solution of the brake fluid. so the compressibility of the hydraulic fluid wouldn't be the point.

just like coke isn't compressible but they can force a lot more co2 into it with pressurization
Old Jan 14, 2008, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

subscribed.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 07:14 AM

sorry to bring up an old thread but does anyone know if an evo shares the same cap as a DSM? I bought the 0107 adapter after reading they were the same but after purchasing it found that they are different. I'm trying to use this on a 2g DSM.
Old May 2, 2016, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
When you say you "found that they are different", do you mean you can't get it to fit?

According to Motive, 0107 is the adapter for Mitsubishi, so it should fit your car. I too thought it was not the right adapter for the Evo, but it was just really difficult to get it on.

Also, did your adapter come with another rubber o-ring? If so, try to use the smaller one. The adapter fits after I swap out to the smaller o-ring.