Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Motive Bleeder is simply AWESOME!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2007, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Motive Bleeder is simply AWESOME!!!

I just used my Motive brake bleeder and it was easy to sue and absolutely no mess at the connection.

I had previously changed to Speedbleeders, but the thread diameter was slightly smaller than stock and they did not fit perfectly. Because of this, they did not seat properly and brake fluid was seeping by them and totally ruined my caliper paint.

So I switched back to the stock bleeders and used the Motive bleeder to bleed the brake system.

I should have never used Speedbleeders and just used the Motive brake bleeder.

Just wanted to pass this along to anyone trying to decide between Speedbleeders and the Motive bleeder system.
Old May 8, 2007, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

I have speedbleeders, no leaks yet, but I haven't tried bleeding the brakes yet. Did yours leak during normal use, or only when you tried to bleed them?
Old May 8, 2007, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rob_d
I just used my Motive brake bleeder and it was easy to sue and absolutely no mess at the connection.

I had previously changed to Speedbleeders, but the thread diameter was slightly smaller than stock and they did not fit perfectly. Because of this, they did not seat properly and brake fluid was seeping by them and totally ruined my caliper paint.

So I switched back to the stock bleeders and used the Motive bleeder to bleed the brake system.

Just wanted to pass this along to anyone trying to decide between Speedbleeders and the Motive bleeder system.
Timely review!

I was planning on changing my brake fluid before my track day in a few weeks, and was interested in getting this.

Did you purchase the Power Bleeder locally or order it? One of the evom vendors - MachV - has it on their web page....
Old May 8, 2007, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get the one with the 3 prong, ford adapter.

the exact part number is here on the site.

Much easier, and secure clamping, compared to the "universal" unit.

i'm a fan.
Old May 10, 2007, 07:38 PM

My speedbleeders did not seat fully into the caliper during the initial installation. THere were no leaks in the driveway test, but after a trip to and from work, they started leaking. I finally tightened them down enough to where they wouldn't leak but the damage was done.

I was afraid to overtighten because I really didn't want to drill out a bleeder screw and potentailly damage the caliper threads.

When in doubt, go back to stock.
Old May 10, 2007, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

This thing looks awesome
Old May 11, 2007, 05:36 AM
Evolving Member

nevermind

Last edited by metzpl; May 11, 2007 at 06:06 AM. Reason: fadfas
Old May 11, 2007, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Is this it ??

CUSTOM FORD POWER BLEEDER KIT. Comes with both 2 prong and three prong adapters to fit most late model Ford cars and trucks. All bleeders come with everything you need to bleed your hydraulic brake or clutch system and our full 1 year warranty. Application Guide. (Model 0253)

Old May 11, 2007, 09:36 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

There is one specifically for imports. It's the one that MachV has, although you can get it from many places.

I have one as well and would never use anything else. It works GREAT and you can bleed all your brakes in 30 minutes, tops, and that includes jacking and tire removal.
Old May 11, 2007, 09:47 AM
Silver Sponsor

The one we offer on our site is the one you need.

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop...er-p-2754.html
Old May 11, 2007, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

I just ordered one. Mach V had cheaper shipping.
Old May 11, 2007, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by value
Is this it ??

CUSTOM FORD POWER BLEEDER KIT. Comes with both 2 prong and three prong adapters to fit most late model Ford cars and trucks. All bleeders come with everything you need to bleed your hydraulic brake or clutch system and our full 1 year warranty. Application Guide. (Model 0253)

Use the Ford three prong.
Old May 12, 2007, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

After reading the review, I picked up one from Apex Performance (couldn't add to cart on Mach V's website )

Anyway, Just got finished with Mintex pads, Stoptech SS lines, and replaced stock fluid with Motul rbf 600...the Motive bleeder was simply great!

I've bled brakes "the old fashioned way" with reluctant friends (and even my wife) and what a PIA compared to this thing.

Get the Ford 3 prong #0107...it works perfectly.
Old May 13, 2007, 04:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fireball
There is one specifically for imports. It's the one that MachV has, although you can get it from many places.

I have one as well and would never use anything else. It works GREAT and you can bleed all your brakes in 30 minutes, tops, and that includes jacking and tire removal.
thats the thing, you don't want the import one. you want the ford one mentioned above.

Not sure what one they're actually selling.

I went straight to motive and paid $10 less than all the vendors were selling it for.

didn't make too much sense to me
Old May 14, 2007, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i had a similar experience and plus the speed bleeders have a stupid 3/8" socket that doesn't match anything else on the car.

Quick Reply: Motive Bleeder is simply AWESOME!!!