Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Help With Broken Bolt!

Old Oct 7, 2007, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help With Broken Bolt!

Well, I was install my gauges tonight, and my Dad thought that the bolt on the passenger side of the front swaybar would be a good ground for the oil gauges! This is the bar with 3 bolts! Well he didnt spray the bolt with anything, just tried to take it out, and what do ya know, snap! He broke the head off the bolt! Then he decides he will use his screw-out and try to take it out, well he drills on the side of the bolt and it goes up between the bolt and the threads, and messed up the threads! Now I have the bolt still flush in the mount and a hole through the trheads!

Im trying to figure out where to take it in order to get the rest of the bolt out, and get it re-tapped to put a new bolt into the sway bar!

Thank You for all your help!
Old Oct 7, 2007, 11:07 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
how many different sections do you plan on posting this in...there are rules follow them please
Old Oct 8, 2007, 12:24 AM
Evolved Member

I know, I accidentally posted it in the other one, and then I realised the sway bars go with the suspension so I posted it here and asked the mods to close the other one! Now does anyone know where to get this taken care of? I was thinking Buschur can definately fix it, but its a long drive for a bolt, so either like Midas or Tuffy?
Old Oct 8, 2007, 12:59 AM
Evolved Member

Well your problem is it's not a bolt, it's a stud with a nut. You've broken the stud off the front top hat for the strut.

Which means you pretty much need a new top hat.

- Patrick
Old Oct 8, 2007, 01:07 AM
Evolved Member

thanks, but I dont think we are talking about the same bar...because when I took off the other 2 bolts attaching this bar to the bottom of the car, they are bolts. When under the car, there are 2 black bars...the one Im talking about is the one with the bolt that also goes into the brace in the middle, then has bolts on the end also! If this is the same bar, and I do need a new top hat, where would I go, and approx. how much?

Thanks!