Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Goodridge Brake Line Advisory!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2005, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ev0ikon
I bought a set of GoodRidge *ReWork* version from a vendor on this forum. Here is the picture of the rear connector compare the the GoodRidge *G-Stop* version.
The problem is that the ReWork line will not mate tighly up to the stock Hard Line connector. Good thing we found this out while the car was on the lift.
Beside that, the *ReWork* parts are identical to the *G-Stop* version in quality and craftmenship.

Did you call goodridge yet?

Chris
Old Apr 18, 2005, 11:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Michael Klapp from Goodridge has told me to post this so others can call him directly if you have this problem. His # and direct extension is 310-533-1924 x36 and his e-mail is michael.klapp@goodridge.net

He will send you the proper fittings to fix the problem.

Last edited by MitsuJoe; Apr 18, 2005 at 11:16 AM.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Doh!
I should have read this before sending the parts back to Chris.
No worry guys.
Chris is a good guy to deal with and he's taking care of me jsut fine.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

Angry leaky Goodridge rear hardline fittings

I just installed the Goodridge lines that I got last week from an evolutionm Gold Vendor. Unfortunately, I have leaking rear hard line connections. So, vendors are still sending out these kits with the improper rear connectors. I've ordered Stoptech rear lines to remedy the problem.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 07:09 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, did you not see post #32 above? Call them up and let them take care of you!
Old Apr 28, 2005, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

and I was about to order their lines. I am going with Works lines then
Old Apr 28, 2005, 07:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by silverghost
I just installed the Goodridge lines that I got last week from an evolutionm Gold Vendor. Unfortunately, I have leaking rear hard line connections. So, vendors are still sending out these kits with the improper rear connectors. I've ordered Stoptech rear lines to remedy the problem.

Even my research isn't enough for most people....

A call would at least be in order!!
Old May 9, 2005, 05:46 AM
Evolving Member

Yes, I wrote Michael and he was helpful. The problem seems to be a bit more insidious than what I have read. What I mean is this. The first issue that I ran into was the use of 19 mm diameter fittings on the rear lines. To use these you must grind off the 17 mm tabs that were design into the fitting mount. 17 mm is the size of the Mitsubishi OEM fitting and the tabs kept the OEM fitting from spinning when the hard line fitting is tightened to the flex line. When I got my Stop tech rear lines they were 17 mm and would have fit the OEM mount without the grinding.

Secondly, my rear hard line fitting leaks were not due to a grossly wrong fitting in the rear lines as reported in an earlier thread. The rear lines did have the raised center cone for sealing with the Evo rear double flaired hard line. The problem is that they did not seal. I progressively tightened these rear fittings with a 10 mm line wrench and a 19 mm open wrench. You can get thes fittings very tight with these tools. When they were so tight I was worried about shearing the head off of the male fitting I stopped. They still leaked.

When the Stoptech lines came in I compared them. The difference is not very obvious. In fact, I was pretty sure that they would leak because of all the force I put on the Goodridge fittings. But the Stoptech fittings went on without a hitch. They are not leaking. I checked them this weekend. They were dry. Also, the master cylinder reservoir is staying full. This is always a good sign.

Goodridge is sending me updated fittings. If I can discern a difference I will take picts.
Old Jun 2, 2005, 01:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Az3ar
and I was about to order their lines. I am going with Works lines then
I know of someone that had an off at the track because a Works brake line busted. If there is a name I trust it's Stop Tech or Goodrige, but any company can screw up once in a while.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

I know this is kinda an old thread, but doesn't anyone make their own fluid lines any more? It only ends up costing about $75 for all the lines, and you can do it right and not have to worry about things being crappy.
Old Jan 14, 2006, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well it's January of 2006 and I just got a set of Goodridge lines from Tirerack and the bastards won't seal on the rear hardlines. I guess this is still a problem. That is CRAP. How long does it take to fix a seriously dangerous issue?

I'll call and see what they say. I should have bought Technafit.
Old Jan 14, 2006, 04:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Relax, chances are Tirerack still had old stock and that was what you got. Call Goodridge and you should have fittings within 3-5 days. I know this does not make up your time for doing it once and such although every modification does not always go as planned. Good Luck!
Old Jan 14, 2006, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Yes it does suck that I spent a fair amount of time trying to get them to work, and ended up putting the stock rear lines on so I could drive home.

What is stupid is that Goodridge didn't either recall the falty parts, or simply send the correct parts to their distributors. Back in the day I wouldn't have cared. But now I'm the lead engineer for a legit company. Now I understand that when you discover a serious problem you get it fixed - fast.

At least I found this thread or I would be really bitter and trying to re-flange the steel lines. Now I can just wait.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Got the correct parts. Problem fixed. But seriously, recall all the bad ones.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 01:45 AM
Evolved Member

had the very same problem. called up goodridge, and they told me to send them back. about a week later, i got the new ones. however, i havent installed them yet. hopefully the new fittings wont leak.

Quick Reply: Goodridge Brake Line Advisory!