Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tein Super Street vs. Bilstein b6 in Poland

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2008, 02:29 AM
lev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tein Super Street vs. Bilstein b6 in Poland

Hello from Poland,

I have to change front coilovers (EVO 9 stock Bilstein b6). I’m considering new set of Bilstein or … something else. Is tein super street ok ? I need it for street daily use and sometimes on track. We don’t have much people in Poland who uses super street – a lot of people uses flex but opinions are not very good (too hard for street and quality problems). Bilstein is quite comfortable – can anybody compare it to super street – is it worth to change ? Is SS hard to adjust ?
Old Jun 8, 2008, 02:39 AM
Evolved Member

Not familar with the Bilstein B6's, but I don't think the Super Streets would be a better coilover. I'd stick with Bilsteins.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Look at the Stance GR+ coilovers. Lots of great reviews around the boards and they are in the same price range. You will have alot more control over how they are set up as well. Contact Nick with DTM he has answered all my questions about these coilovers.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I have compared Bilstein B6s (we call them HDs here in the US) to Megan (basic entry level coil-over) here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=337211
Old Jun 9, 2008, 04:15 AM
lev

What could be reasonable alternative for TEIN? In Europe Tein is quite popular and choice of alternatives is limited. Maybe you will advice something interesting in good price (max. 2000 $) for daily (70%) and track (30%) use and I will buy it in States. Additionally I have to say that roads in Poland are completely disaster so I need a bit of comfort to survive on it .
Old Jun 9, 2008, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

I would get the Bilsteins then. The roads in Michigan are pretty poor. And our winters are terrible too. That is why I decided on going with a great strut and spring combo and got rid of my coil-overs. Not to mention their performance is great. Very streetable and awesome around the track.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=343046
Old Jun 9, 2008, 07:20 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
I have compared Bilstein B6s (we call them HDs here in the US) to Megan (basic entry level coil-over) here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=337211
When you were shopping for Bilsteins, was a Sport option available along with HD? I'm asking, because Bilstein sometimes sells Sport (dampeners) for use with lowering springs, and HDs for use with stock springs. Knowing this, I have some concerns about using my stock (MR) Bilstein setup with alternate springs.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

I believe there is a typo -- for the Evo they only offer the HD struts. Which are meant for springs.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 11:04 AM
lev

I would get the Bilsteins then. The roads in Michigan are pretty poor. And our winters are terrible too. That is why I decided on going with a great strut and spring combo and got rid of my coil-overs. Not to mention their performance is great. Very streetable and awesome around the track.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=343046
It sounds good. What's the difference between SWIFT SPORT and SPEC R springs ? Which one you will advise for me ?

Do they ship to Europe ?
Old Jun 9, 2008, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

I have the Swift GSR Sports.

Sports (GSR rates):
F: 179-267
R: 207-319

Spec Rs (GSR rates):
F:157-358
R:196-380

http://www.swiftsprings.com/file/SportSprings.pdf

Spec Rs have a higher final rating in terms of stiffness. But I have been really happy with my Sports. If you street a lot and track some - the Sports. If you AX more or track a lot then you might want the Spec Rs. I have not tracked on the Spec Rs only the Sports.

Just asked Andrew @ GTWorx - they sure do! Shoot them a PM or call!

Last edited by Smike; Jun 9, 2008 at 11:13 AM.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 12:07 PM
lev

I have the Swift GSR Sports.

Sports (GSR rates):
F: 179-267
R: 207-319

Spec Rs (GSR rates):
F:157-358
R:196-380

http://www.swiftsprings.com/file/SportSprings.pdf

Spec Rs have a higher final rating in terms of stiffness. But I have been really happy with my Sports. If you street a lot and track some - the Sports. If you AX more or track a lot then you might want the Spec Rs. I have not tracked on the Spec Rs only the Sports.

Just asked Andrew @ GTWorx - they sure do! Shoot them a PM or call!
Many thanks. In Europe Evos have different marks. My model is I think the similar to US MR version (standard with 6 speed and Bilstein b6 suspension). It means that I should buy MR springs or am I wrong ? Are there any trouble with installation of springs ?

Last edited by lev; Jun 9, 2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Correct, if you are keeping the OE struts then the MR Swifts are what you want. If you are going to upgrade to the HDs then I would say get the GSR versions. The rears are a little stiffer off the base marks.

Spring install is very easy. 2 bolts at the bottom of the strut (one is a camber bolt - dont mix them up ) and the 3 at the top of the susp mounts. Once you have the sturts off then you have to use a spring compressor to get the spring off safely. Then its the opposite to install. Took Otter and I 2 hrs or so mostly chatting.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 04:47 AM
lev

Correct, if you are keeping the OE struts then the MR Swifts are what you want. If you are going to upgrade to the HDs then I would say get the GSR versions. The rears are a little stiffer off the base marks.
It is not clear for me. What is the difference between OE and HDs ? You wrote that B6 (in Europe) is HD in US. So I have HDs now according to your information ? Why thay cant give same signatures in Europe and states ?
Old Jun 10, 2008, 04:55 AM
Evolved Member

It is my understanding that the MR Bilsteins are not the same as the HDs. The valving is different. So the factory versions are not the same as the aftermarket ones.

Part Numbers:
HD Fronts: 4-VE3-B843-H0
HD Rears: F4-BE5-B844-H0

http://www.bilstein.com/mistore/ymm_...reYMM=storeYMM

Take a look at yours. The numbers should be on the silver band like it is here:
Old Jun 10, 2008, 07:07 AM
lev

Thanks I will check and replay

You are right

My numbers:

Front F4-VE3-A900 TO

Mitsubishi nr MN 101890

I didn't check rear but I know that Mitsu nr is MN101899

Problem is that front right coilover is dead and I have to change it. OEM coilover costs 1000$ a-piece. It means 2000 $ per pair. I think i will change it for aftermarket b6 so GSR springs will be better option ? Should I change rears ?

Last edited by lev; Jun 10, 2008 at 02:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Tein Super Street vs. Bilstein b6 in Poland