Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Bad road force on tires?? Need some input

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2009, 03:10 PM
AMF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad road force on tires?? Need some input

I just bought a set of pirelli zero nero 235/35/18 from 03EvolutionBlaK last week. Took it to a local tire shop. They charged me $112 to have it mounted and balanced. That's fine. I test drove it last friday and found out that my steering wheel vibrates around 60ish mph. So I took it back to the shop today since they're not open on weekends.

The manager said that the tires are in bad shape ( bad road force ). He is not responsible if the tires are not purchased from his store and better yet, hes got no obligation to test the tires out before putting it on my wheels. He can charged me whatever to just blindly put ANY condition tires on my rims and when there is a problem, he blame it on the tires. This is stupid. Now, I'm stuck with the tires cuz i didn't keep my old tires. . I plan to take it to discount tire tomorrow and have them test out the tires. Is there some sort of machine to test the road force?? What if discount tire does not have the machine, can they still be able to tell if the tires are bad? I need some sort of confirmation that the tires are in fact bad so I can get my money back from 03EvolutionBlaK. I'm not saying that he is a bad seller. I've got some good communication with him throughout the deal. Sorry for venting.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by AMF
I just bought a set of pirelli zero nero 235/35/18 from 03EvolutionBlaK last week. Took it to a local tire shop. They charged me $112 to have it mounted and balanced. That's fine. I test drove it last friday and found out that my steering wheel vibrates around 60ish mph. So I took it back to the shop today since they're not open on weekends.

The manager said that the tires are in bad shape ( bad road force ). He is not responsible if the tires are not purchased from his store and better yet, hes got no obligation to test the tires out before putting it on my wheels. He can charged me whatever to just blindly put ANY condition tires on my rims and when there is a problem, he blame it on the tires. This is stupid. Now, I'm stuck with the tires cuz i didn't keep my old tires. . I plan to take it to discount tire tomorrow and have them test out the tires. Is there some sort of machine to test the road force?? What if discount tire does not have the machine, can they still be able to tell if the tires are bad? I need some sort of confirmation that the tires are in fact bad so I can get my money back from 03EvolutionBlaK. I'm not saying that he is a bad seller. I've got some good communication with him throughout the deal. Sorry for venting.

Discount tire is the same company as america's tire right? The america's tires around here all have Hunter balancers that can do a roadforce balance. Make sure and watch them do it, to make sure they actually do the roadforce test and not just the regular balance (I have caught a shop doing that). They may have to re-mount the tires on the rim to get it to balance right. The machine should also have a little arm to measure runout on the the rim, in case it is the rim that is the problem. I thought I had a bad tire because I had the shop that mounted it re-balance 3 times and they could not get it right, then took it to America's tire and they fixed it the first try.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if he road force balanced them, thats your problem. that **** never works