Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Help with Brembo powder coating...????

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2010, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is always the g2 Caliper paint kit. It's an application epoxy. The replacement decal can be bought on ebay IIRC there is a seller that makes hi-heat decals, I'm sure he could make you a custom set.

No rebuilding necessary - so no huff, no puff, deal.

http://www.g2usa.com/brake_caliper_paint.shtml
Old Aug 22, 2010, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
POWDER Coating

Well I see that some have answered your question. I just wanted to add some stuff. If your going to powder coat your brembos you are going to need some new piston o-rings and some dust boots. That also depends on how many (hard)miles you have on the brembos. You can buy them from Mitsubishi although a couple of stupid dealers say you can't. I used to work for mitsu and well you can. You just have to know how to use the system to order them, and well some of them are just lazy. Also you will need some brembo stickers. Thats easy order them off of ebay. You will need two sizes two for the front and two for the back. You cannot put the sticker on until after the powdercoating has cooled all the way down. Then put them on and spray them with high temp clear. I powdercoated mine blue and they still look good.

There are many posts about how to take them apart and pop out the pistons its easy.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dropspeed
Don't forget there is a small rubber O-ring between the sides (blocks) of the rear caliper that should be removed before having them coated. You just need to loosen the allen head bolts that hold the two side toghther and the seal will fall out.

The heat from the powder coating can dry out this O-ring and it will leak........Ask me how I found out!
I kno this is an old thread but...
Does anyone know where I can get those little orings and what size they are between the rear calipers?
Old Mar 27, 2012, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
http://www.streettunedmotorsports.co..._seal_kits.htm
Old Sep 13, 2016, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by revvin9k
I had em sent out and done. There is a clear, with the decal over the clear.

I took all the boots and seals out prior to taking em in. DO NOT SEPARATE any of the calipers!!! They will never bite the same.

As mentioned earlier, brake calipers will easily see higher heat then what is used to bake em in the oven.
does this still hold true today?