Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

WTF! Clunkity clunk

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2010, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WTF! Clunkity clunk

If there is anything that I can't stand its when my suspension clunks. I have had this clunk coming from the right rear side of my car where the struts are located. I recently just developed a clunk from the right front as well. It occurs only on slight bumps for both of them. I just looked at the front control arm and checked for play and it seems solid. I even packed it with grease and did the same to the trailer arm bushing as well. The car has Robispe KW's with the front roll center kit and rear trailer arm bushings. Can someone help me diagnose and isolate the problem? How and where else to look? As far as the end links are concerned the right rear link seems to twist easier than the left. Could this be a sign of a worn link? These are fairly new with only about 20/k miles on them and the car isn't tracked or anything... The front mostly occurs when I first initiate braking and accelerating but sometimes over small bumps at slower speeds. The rear is just over bumps at at slower speed as well.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Please do not bump more than once per 24 hours.

Coilovers tend to make more noise. Can you feel it in the car when it clunks? Do you have camber plates? Have you called Robi?
Old Jan 14, 2010, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Clunking is normal if you have after market end links. They will start to rattle and clunk as they wear out.

I have yet to find a set of end likes that can last through a winter other than the stock one.