Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tire / Wheel Fitment Questions

Old Apr 5, 2018, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Teaser pics Roger

Need some backed-off pics. You know, that rear 1/4 shot looking fwd

Congrats
thanks Joe!
was slaving the last two days on the car... unfortunately I cannot put the car on the ground... I need those two 3 mm spacers
so at first I thought the 5 mm would be enough up front.. so I was able to find a generic 8 mm universal at Autozone of all places so I picked it up couple of hours ago and did a test fit only to find out it clears by a hair. I figured it would be around +16 +17 effective offset to clear the fronts as my old set were +15. The 3 mm will be here Monday and I need an alighment.. I been talking to Sam all day as he is in crisis mode literally tryin to decide on new color for his wheels. I will post some updated pics soon as I get an alignment and proper height adjusted. I am going for as functionally possible as I can get with these aggressive offsets. Full suspension travel and no rubbing. So I spoke to the shop already today. I am also going to try to avoid further fender rolling in the rear. They may do the fronts just to give me the extra room since I am running 265s.

this is how close the caliper is to the spoke with an 8 mm spacer.

Old Apr 5, 2018, 07:44 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Thanks Roger. That explains it LOL. Wow, that is very close. I think the proper clearance spec is 3-4mm min (.157")

Great job & Im sure you will have this project complete in a few days
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
once i get my wheels back i'll snap a pic of my clearance also. waiting for the pc shop, i am going with hyper silver i guess. crisis averted! ish!
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:02 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Thanks Sam. Look fwd to seeing your pics & final setup

Old Apr 11, 2018, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
so after tooling around with the ride height and camber yesterday here are some pics.. I am getting an alignment this Saturday so I plan to stay as conservative as possible with the final camber settings.

THE REARS: Not rubbing at all on the rears. Rear bolt has not been relocated either. The rear fenders are rolled but not pulled. I think I will probably raise the rears about a quarter inch just to give myself some leeway if I have two people riding in the car.
THE FRONTS: The fronts are another story. I had to raise it a about 1 inch.. it was actually lower than what you see on the pics. But I am happy with the way fronts are. I had to take front rally armors off. While 265s aren't the most aggressive, they definitely make things a bit more complicated. I also had to remove the tabs that hold one of the lines as they were rubbing as you turned the wheel to full lock. I will take some better pics but here are front rear and side shot of the car

Last edited by Astro_Train; Apr 11, 2018 at 06:44 AM.
The following users liked this post:
MinusPrevious (Apr 11, 2018)
Old Apr 11, 2018, 06:32 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Roger.
Now here is the proper shot. Looks great.

I was concerned your ride height was too high in the rear, but this profile looks excellent. Understand you may raise it just a bit which Im sure will be fine
I see you got the front brakes swapped over

I like

The following users liked this post:
Astro_Train (Apr 11, 2018)
Old Apr 18, 2018, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered ohlins road and tracks for my evo 7, and have started looking at wheels, im extremely interested in fifteen52 formula GT's an odd wheel for an evo i know, but I believe it would look amazing. Im just wondering what your guys opinion is on the best offset and width for a 18" wheel for a flush look, with out having to roll the fenders before i order.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 09:53 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Hello & thanks for posting

Well, Flush fit & no rear fender treatment dont go together If youre looking for a good fit-up w/out rear fender work, i feel the size range is this:

17x8 to 17x9 w/an offset range of +34 to +38 (tire size 255/40)
18x8 to 18x9 w/an offset range of +34 to +38 (tire size 255/35)

You should consider having the rears rolled so you can fit up a lower offset (i.e. +30 to +32)

Have not seen too many running that wheel. Based on the spoke design, I expect you will need a large front spacer to fit. Do you know of any EvOs' running that wheel?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:20 PM

Yeah I have realized to get the fitment I want, itll be mandatory I roll the fenders. I haven't seen any other evo running that specific wheel, which is also another reason I kinda want them haha. Fifteen52 sent me a "Brake template" to send them the brake measurements so they can let me know if the wheel would clear the brembos. Im just not sure when the next time ill have time to rip the wheels off will be. So if anyone knows where I can find those measurements online for the factory brembos, it would be greatly appreciated
Old Apr 18, 2018, 01:34 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by qman11
Yeah I have realized to get the fitment I want, itll be mandatory I roll the fenders. I haven't seen any other evo running that specific wheel, which is also another reason I kinda want them haha. Fifteen52 sent me a "Brake template" to send them the brake measurements so they can let me know if the wheel would clear the brembos. Im just not sure when the next time ill have time to rip the wheels off will be. So if anyone knows where I can find those measurements online for the factory brembos, it would be greatly appreciated
Have not seen the template for our EvOs. Just tried looking it up here: https://blog.racetechnologies.com/20...ake-clearance/
Looks like the site is only for aftermarket Brembos

The template is going to look like this (example)
Old Apr 18, 2018, 01:59 PM

I looked and couldn't seem to find the wheels I'm looking at in here or as small as I need. Building an Evo IV conversion and looking at running the following

Gram Lights 57Xtreme
17x7 +43 This is a good size for the wheel arch on the iv my question how ever is if these will clear the brembo's or not(I'm going to be running evo 8 brembos)
I'm guessing based on what I can find that I would need to run a spacer on these possibly +5mm

Thanks
Old Apr 18, 2018, 03:37 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by projectxmatt
I looked and couldn't seem to find the wheels I'm looking at in here or as small as I need. Building an Evo IV conversion and looking at running the following

Gram Lights 57Xtreme
17x7 +43 This is a good size for the wheel arch on the iv my question how ever is if these will clear the brembo's or not(I'm going to be running evo 8 brembos)
I'm guessing based on what I can find that I would need to run a spacer on these possibly +5mm

Thanks
Wish i could help ya

My opinion centers solely around the 7/8 & 9 (CT9A) & really not familiar w/the EvO4 (CN9A)

The guys on the MLR forum work w/this chassis. You may want to check there
Old Apr 18, 2018, 03:54 PM

Wish i could help ya

My opinion centers solely around the 7/8 & 9 (CT9A) & really not familiar w/the EvO4 (CN9A)

I wasn't sure how much it would matter since rear end is all Evo 8 hubs, subframes, suspension, and brakes. And upfront I'll be running Evo 8 brembos as well.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 04:10 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by projectxmatt
I wasn't sure how much it would matter since rear end is all Evo 8 hubs, subframes, suspension, and brakes. And upfront I'll be running Evo 8 brembos as well.
Pretty sure the arches are diff. The CT9A can handle a bit bigger wheel pkg. Just like the EvOX was a percentage bigger than the 7/8/9

Its probably close, but would hate to offer up advice when I have not dealt w/that body type. The guys on the MLR are good: http://www.lancerregister.com/index.php

Regarding that wheel (17x7 +43). Very unlikely a wheel like that would fit over Brembos. The +43 makes the fit even tougher. Using a shallower offset would be best, not only for fit, but for looks. On the CT9A, an offset range of +25 to +35 looks the best

Dont think a 5mm spacer will do it. Any chance a test fit can be done?

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Apr 18, 2018 at 04:17 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 04:16 PM

Wish i could help ya

Pretty sure the arches are diff. The CT9A can handle a bit bigger wheel pkg. Just like the EvOX was a percentage bigger than the 7/8/9

Its probably close, but would hate to offer up advice when I have not dealt w/that body type. The guys on the MLR are good: http://www.lancerregister.com/index.php
I'm good on the arch size for sure my main concern is brake clearance with the brembos. People run factory ct9a wheels on them just fine (dropping down to a 225 vs 235).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tire / Wheel Fitment Questions