Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tire / Wheel Fitment Questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 01:40 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
18x10 +40? i'm assuming it should be the same outward poke as 18x9.5 + ~34ish, which is pretty darn close to what i need right?

if it's 0.5" wider, both ways, 0.25" outward and inward, is about 6mm. so would be pretty close, if it clears the brakes
Heres a view of this 10" wheel vs what youre running. I think the +40 offset will be getting into the lower control arm Most of the 10" guys are running +30 IIRC. The poke is about 1mm less than what you have now

Old Nov 16, 2017, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
just kill me lol
Old Nov 16, 2017, 01:50 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

just kill me lol

Now, if you ran Seans rear lower control arms, maybe this +40 would work
Old Nov 16, 2017, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
FWIW Kyoo, I'm running 18x9.5 +27 NT03's and needed a fender roll, pull, and bumper tab trimming to fit the wheels and 245/35 tires. There's definitely enough rough for 255 but I'm not sure if my pull was aggressive enough to be able to fit 265 nicely, I'll have to see when I get to that point. Either way, you would've needed the roll/pull/trim as well to fit those +28's and not have it just be a show fitment.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

i think what im going to end up doing here is getting rota dpt's....

18x9.5 +35, clears 9 calipers
Old Nov 16, 2017, 04:58 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Raptord
FWIW Kyoo, I'm running 18x9.5 +27 NT03's and needed a fender roll, pull, and bumper tab trimming to fit the wheels and 245/35 tires. There's definitely enough rough for 255 but I'm not sure if my pull was aggressive enough to be able to fit 265 nicely, I'll have to see when I get to that point. Either way, you would've needed the roll/pull/trim as well to fit those +28's and not have it just be a show fitment.
From a man who knows Thanks!

i think what im going to end up doing here is getting rota dpt's....

18x9.5 +35, clears 9 calipers
Yes, a very good size & no spacers is a plus. Rota makes some nice wheels, but they are heavy but work very well on the street. Others have tracked them!
Old Nov 16, 2017, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
From a man who knows Thanks!

Yes, a very good size & no spacers is a plus. Rota makes some nice wheels, but they are heavy but work very well on the street. Others have tracked them!
yea - planning to keep my WTB for real ce28n's in the right size up, and switch over once they arrive
Old Nov 22, 2017, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

I have an Evo 9 lowered on HKS hipermax coilovers (not flushed at all) and thinking about purchasing Enkei RPF1s 17x9+22. I prefer not to use any spacers. Will these fit? If so, what size of tires should I use? And if it wont fit, should I go for less wide rims or change the offset?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mark
Old Nov 22, 2017, 08:15 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Evolved Mark 9
Hello,

I have an Evo 9 lowered on HKS hipermax coilovers (not flushed at all) and thinking about purchasing Enkei RPF1s 17x9+22. I prefer not to use any spacers. Will these fit? If so, what size of tires should I use? And if it wont fit, should I go for less wide rims or change the offset?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mark
I have not dealt w/that RPF1 spec lately. But here is a thread (PhotoB pics are dead) where the owner notes some good details about the fitment (10mm front spacer needed) https://www.socalevo.net/threads/184...olling-fenders

Please note: +22 is a tough offset to fit correctly. The one thing that helps in this case is the 9" width. If it were 9.5" I would recommend steering clear of that offset

The standard tire would be a nice 255/40. You will need a rear fender roll, fender pull & a bumper bolt relocation.
I ran these no.s on the calc & this overlays, just about identically to what I run (17x9.5 +30)

Up front, after adding the 10mm spacer will give you a new offset of +12 which is super aggressive, so expect liner & fender rub. Would recommend the front fender spacer kit

Any other questions. Let me know
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
I have not dealt w/that RPF1 spec lately. But here is a thread (PhotoB pics are dead) where the owner notes some good details about the fitment (10mm front spacer needed) https://www.socalevo.net/threads/184...olling-fenders

Please note: +22 is a tough offset to fit correctly. The one thing that helps in this case is the 9" width. If it were 9.5" I would recommend steering clear of that offset

The standard tire would be a nice 255/40. You will need a rear fender roll, fender pull & a bumper bolt relocation.
I ran these no.s on the calc & this overlays, just about identically to what I run (17x9.5 +30)

Up front, after adding the 10mm spacer will give you a new offset of +12 which is super aggressive, so expect liner & fender rub. Would recommend the front fender spacer kit

Any other questions. Let me know
Thank you for responding sir. I really appreciate it. Im a new Evo owner (my first one) and I am new to this site as well. So yeah, Im really thinking about getting RPF1s in 17. If I dont want to use any spacer at all, how wide and what offset should I go for?
Old Nov 23, 2017, 05:14 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Evolved Mark 9
Thank you for responding sir. I really appreciate it. Im a new Evo owner (my first one) and I am new to this site as well. So yeah, Im really thinking about getting RPF1s in 17. If I dont want to use any spacer at all, how wide and what offset should I go for?
The most popular, aggressive option is this: RPF1 17x9.5 +38 (20mm spacer needed up front) See this post here for the confirmation: (see post no. 13) https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...nfirm-plz.html

There is an RPF1, IIRC, that does not require a spacer, but its like a 17x8.5 (looks whimpy & the spokes are not flat, but convex)

The RPF1 is a great wheel, and one that I almost chose, but they do need a front spacer unless you run the RPF1 17x9.5 +18 up front & the +38 in the rear (cant rotate)
Old Nov 26, 2017, 11:45 AM

Ok I need some fitment insight from someone more experienced than I am. I recently impulse purchased a set of wheels that I THOUGHT would fit with no issues, but the more research I do, the more I become unsure.

I picked up a set of Konig Hypergrams 18x9.5 with a 25 offset. I'll be using my existing new 245/40/18's on them that I had on my X wheels. I'm currently on the bilsteins and swift spec r. Has anyone ran this setup?? I'm mainly wondering if I'll need to do fender rolling or need to modify the front fender liners. I have only seen one evo 9 with the 18x9.5, so I don't have a lot of resources.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by AllDayAnthony
Ok I need some fitment insight from someone more experienced than I am. I recently impulse purchased a set of wheels that I THOUGHT would fit with no issues, but the more research I do, the more I become unsure.

I picked up a set of Konig Hypergrams 18x9.5 with a 25 offset. I'll be using my existing new 245/40/18's on them that I had on my X wheels. I'm currently on the bilsteins and swift spec r. Has anyone ran this setup?? I'm mainly wondering if I'll need to do fender rolling or need to modify the front fender liners. I have only seen one evo 9 with the 18x9.5, so I don't have a lot of resources.
I'm running 18x9.5 +27 NT03's, so very similar fitment to you. Rear fenders definitely need a pull and roll, along with trimming the bumper tab and another piece of plastic. If you don't need a spacer in the front, I think you might be OK without doing anything special to the front. You might get just a tiny bit of rub on the fender liner at full lock.

What sort of alignment do you run?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 12:57 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I'm running 18x9.5 +27 NT03's, so very similar fitment to you. Rear fenders definitely need a pull and roll, along with trimming the bumper tab and another piece of plastic. If you don't need a spacer in the front, I think you might be OK without doing anything special to the front. You might get just a tiny bit of rub on the fender liner at full lock.

I agree as well. The +25 is a very aggressive offset. Many Gents run the NT03's at +27, but your wheel is an additional .078 which is not a lot but it all adds up

Expect the roll & pull & bumper bolt relocation.

If you have furthers questions, let us know
Old Nov 26, 2017, 01:05 PM

Honestly, doing a roll AND a pull is the last thing I want to do lol. The only person I know with these wheels said he only had a slight rub in the rear. So in my head I thought a minor roll would suffice. However he is running a 255/35 and I have no idea if my 245/40 would provide a better or worse fitment. I'm currently running the recommended camber settings for the bilstein and swift combo which is 1.7 in the front and 1.4 in the rear. I also don't know if running more camber would help. This is my first time fitting a more aggressive wheel and now I'm having second thoughts...

Quick Reply: Tire / Wheel Fitment Questions