Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Anti-Lift Kits Perrin vs. Whiteline in Street Mod

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2011, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^my understanding is that it should be the opposite..
Old Aug 26, 2011, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I believe if you have anti-lift under acceleration, you have pro-dive under braking.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 08:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
These kits remove anti-lift, as in you get more lift. This is a good thing. There is a good whiteline article for the Subaru kit. Perrin had an incorrect description of the part for years.

http://www.whiteline.com.au/articles...WL%20ALK_b.pdf

Enjoy.

- Andrew
Old Aug 30, 2011, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
^ so both the perrin and whiteline work as advertised? or just the whiteline? ...or just the perrin?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 05:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't think I have enough experience on these two kits to give a good answer on the anti-lift part of the equation. The firmer bushing and caster alone is worth it though.

- Andrew
Old Aug 30, 2011, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I have yet to find any good information on the anti-lift spacers. Makes me think either it's not a significant enough change to even notice, or nobody has tested it out.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:19 PM
Evolved Member

Just got a set an I am extremely sensitive to this stuff unfortunately they are going on with a full suspension revamp.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Looking forward to hearing your results.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
The PERRIN Offset bush install instructions, attached, state: EVO 9 customers will have tight clearances between control arm and body.
Using a hammer and a punch slightly dent this area to add clearance. . NOTE: If installing ZERO offset, no denting of chassis is needed.

I don't like the sound of that, has anyone tried installing the Whiteline KCA400M option yet? And does it require denting my evo 9??
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
pepsus400405.pdf (945.4 KB, 0 views)
Old Dec 4, 2011, 02:06 AM
vd
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Can't say about WL, but I have PSRS w/ offset on my EvoIX along with WL RCA and that small WL bushings in front LCA. When all these were being installed there were no issues at all with any of the parts.

Originally Posted by uzumaki
The PERRIN Offset bush install instructions, attached, state: EVO 9 customers will have tight clearances between control arm and body.
Using a hammer and a punch slightly dent this area to add clearance. . NOTE: If installing ZERO offset, no denting of chassis is needed.

I don't like the sound of that, has anyone tried installing the Whiteline KCA400M option yet? And does it require denting my evo 9??
Old Dec 4, 2011, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by uzumaki

I have installed my Whiteline Anti-Lift kit and there is no need to dent anything. However I noticed that while installing, the bushing height was shorter than the oem bushing. Therefore when I was tightening the bolt it bent upward a bit of the subframe until that portion met with the bottom of the bushing sleeve.

The instructions did not say anything about adding a washer so I just left it and then torqued the bolt to spec.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 07:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
have used the perrin kit for autox and street for a while now, installed for full caster and anti lift. car handles great. rides a little rougher over railroad tracks and such. no wear problems or anything yet, and wouldn't worry about denting the body. only minor mod needed and with a little care and some paint you will never notice. no knowledge on the whiteline kit but it looks almost the same
Old Dec 4, 2011, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The dent required for the Perrin kit is smaller or in some cases possibly not required at all if you put the spacer on top, eg set it up for anti lift.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by timmiii
I have installed my Whiteline Anti-Lift kit and there is no need to dent anything. However I noticed that while installing, the bushing height was shorter than the oem bushing. Therefore when I was tightening the bolt it bent upward a bit of the subframe until that portion met with the bottom of the bushing sleeve.

The instructions did not say anything about adding a washer so I just left it and then torqued the bolt to spec.
Can you take a picture of this?
Old Dec 6, 2011, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Thanks very much for this extra info guys. Much appreciated.

Quick Reply: Anti-Lift Kits Perrin vs. Whiteline in Street Mod