Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

evo 8 front wheel lockup and loud click on turns

Old Mar 27, 2012, 06:26 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have never heard of this issue with the evo's, we do have issues with the camaros LSD but the friction mod cures it

Yes we do have more than one rear diff product, the 75w90 has friction mods the 110, 140, and 250 does not

Originally Posted by barneyb
I don't know your product line but I recall several instances as reported on this forum where the same problem was occurring, the common denominator was an Amsoil product in the rear differential and either switching to a different lubricant or adding friction modifier solved the problem. Does Amsoil make more than one product for the rear differential? If so, do some have friction modifier and some not?

Also, I have owned other vehicles with a similar LSD and I soon found that using gear oil where the product package indicated it contained friction modifier and this was not enough to prevent problems as described by the OP. Additional friction modifier sold as a separate product was required.

Anyway, I'd hate having the OP chase more expensive options when this simple fix may be available.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 05:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I'm using the 75w90 in the tcase and rear diff anyways so I don't think its the fluid.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisff521
Well I'm using the 75w90 in the tcase and rear diff anyways so I don't think its the fluid.
The economy needs your support.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

I removed the transfer case and the fron diff is done for. There was chunks of metal shavings inside and it just looked chewed up.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 12:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had an issue with my car first off it was the transfercase. But what I noticed about this car its costly. Then for some odd reason the differential in the tranmission went I never knew it even had one since I had a 2006 the spidergears in it were good but it scraped up against the housing causing it to bind up shave metal off a little bit off the housing then free itself up during the turns that wasnt good at all.

I had my transfercase rebuilt by shep they changed a few things in it here and there but I think that didnt solve the problem. I changed teh diff in the tranny and it fixed it. Never had the whining now the whining is here now so im thinking maybe the whining I have now is a wheelbearing.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 08:31 AM
Tvo

Originally Posted by chrisff521
I removed the transfer case and the fron diff is done for. There was chunks of metal shavings inside and it just looked chewed up.
If you send it in to Shep or wherever, I recommend that you change your ring and pinion (its fried cuz that is why your tcase whined) along with using a mistubishi lsd (can only be used in 03-04) or quaife lsd.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 11:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you guys are scaring me.... I just got home from hearing a clicking noise only on really hard U turn left turns and I was assuming it was the axles, and I am still pretty sure it is, hopefully...... But under my conditions have you seen other parts be the cause such as the differential or ring and pinion?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 02:05 AM

Greetings to all im a new lancer driver..can someone please help me? I had my break pads and wheel bearings changed..but now on my display it shows ABS service in red while im driving? I checked the abs sensors is perfect.. what can the problem be? gillroxmarshall@iway.na Thanks in advance