Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Question on DIY Install

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2013, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question on DIY Install

Going to be installing BC Coilovers this weekend. My first time doing it so I have a few questions from reading the many DIYs.

1. For the rear struts removal, you supposed to "catch" it when you unbolt the nuts for the tophat. Any special way of doing this when you're on your own so I don't drop it?

2. Can you or is it better to adjust the height before install or do you have to wait until it is install.

3. Reading this DIY http://my.prostreetonline.com/forums...all-into-EVO-8 it towards the bottom, it said to remove the that is adjust the camber (rear). Where is this bolt in relationship to the strut?

4. I have these camber extension for the rear coilovers, how/where do you install these?

Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2013, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
#1: it is fairly easy to hold the strut and remove the nuts from the inside, as long as you have a normal amount of reach. I'm short and was able to remove the rears by myself several times without issue. The position is rather awkward, but they aren't heavy so it's not a big deal.

#3: The strut is only held on with one camber bolt, so it's pretty easy to figure out. Overall, the rears are way simpler than the fronts: two top hat nuts and the bottom bolt. Just make sure you put the bolt back facing the proper direction.

Last edited by charon2123; Feb 5, 2013 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Autocorrect fail
Old Feb 5, 2013, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
#1 never had an issue with the rear shocks dropping, when i undo the strut top bolts, the shock rests on the top suspension arm.

there is no way possible (well for me at least) to have one hand holding the shock and the other to loosen the nut.

#2, ensure all the threads/locking nuts are level on the coilover. then adjust if required when installed on the car after it settles.