Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Spring Rate Chart

Old Jan 5, 2015, 09:44 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by heel2toe
^Fixed
Have you seen his vendor reviews. I would never buy anything from them. Worst customer service & complaints Ive seen
Old Jan 6, 2015, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Yeah as of lately I've seen a few not so positive reviews which is unfortunate. He was great when I dealt with him years ago when I first picked up a set of his springs. He does make a quality product that's for sure. Sorta reminds me of Jon@TRE...folks tend to have trouble tracking him down but his work speaks for itself. I wanted what I felt was the best on my car and thats why I run his rear diff and will have him build the rest of my drivetrain.

But the question asked was which are good springs for the stock struts and I really liked my Robispec springs paired with Bilsteins and camber plates. I sold my set to one of my buddies when I picked up my Ohlins and was rocking the KYB's for winter duty but I really missed them so I just picked up another set of Bilsteins and Robispec springs. There is a company in CA that has a large inventory of Robispec springs for sale on Ebay. I paid like $70 bucks for them and they looked just like the ones I got directly from Robert years ago and feel the same so Im pretty confident they are legit.

Just giving my experience...for what I paid for the springs the second time or even originally ~$200 that deal cannot be beat for the quality product that they are.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 06:40 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

^^^I here Ya. I shared a garaged w/Robi a couple of years ago & chatted w/him quite a bit. Its likely the biz got out of hand & was not tended to properly

I would sure be proud to run his stuff & installed by them but I doubt that I ever will

Joe
Old Mar 13, 2015, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are there any spring options out there that are STOCK ride height but stiffer? My driveway is a mother****er and I'm concerned that the IX I'm buying (which has Swift Sport springs) is gonna be too low to fit. Can't/won't ask the seller to risk scraping/damage. Worst case I can fairly easily get my hands on stock VIII springs but I'd rather not have to.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 08:40 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Zombie Killer
Are there any spring options out there that are STOCK ride height but stiffer? My driveway is a mother****er and I'm concerned that the IX I'm buying (which has Swift Sport springs) is gonna be too low to fit. Can't/won't ask the seller to risk scraping/damage. Worst case I can fairly easily get my hands on stock VIII springs but I'd rather not have to.
The GTWorx springs are you best bet. They lower the front about 3/4" max and the rear hardly at all.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 02:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
The GTWorx springs are you best bet. They lower the front about 3/4" max and the rear hardly at all.
Thanks I'll look into those. Hopefully a non issue but I have to be prepared.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 05:26 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Cddr2012
8 similar to the 9?
If you are referring to suspension components, they are the same
Old Nov 3, 2015, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Hey guys. My IX is currently on Tein springs, came that way from the previous owner. Im guessing they are the S.Tech model based on how low the rear is, but saying that I am not 100% sure. But I was wondering if anyone knows of any rear springs that would even out the gap between the tire and rear fender. The front looks great, but the rear looks like its sitting pretty much on the tire. Anyone have any recommendations?

Pic for reference.

Thanks for any advice guys!
Old Nov 3, 2015, 09:16 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by bakuro117
Hey guys. My IX is currently on Tein springs, came that way from the previous owner. Im guessing they are the S.Tech model based on how low the rear is, but saying that I am not 100% sure. But I was wondering if anyone knows of any rear springs that would even out the gap between the tire and rear fender. The front looks great, but the rear looks like its sitting pretty much on the tire. Anyone have any recommendations?

Pic for reference.

Thanks for any advice guys!
The pic looks OK. EVO's will always appear to be sitting lower in the rear than the front. Its just the way the fender lines were designed

You should have your car aligned to ensure the frame rake is OK, then you will know for sure

Certainly wouldnt recommend mixing spring vendors front to rear
Old Nov 3, 2015, 03:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 720 Likes on 566 Posts
^^ What he said. Factory has about 1/2 difference in ground to fender measurement front/rear. Rear being lower of course.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Seems like Eibach is now dropping 1" front and rear according to this:

http://eibach.com/m-america/en/perfo...ion/buy-online

Does anyone has more detailed info about this updated springs?

I guess it would lower front 1" and rear ~5mm when coupled with MR Bilsteins?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 05:22 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Not sure if I follow your question 100% (5mm drop?)

The ride height drop w/the Eibachs is a bit more modest than some others. I see a 1" drop front & rear

I ran these springs when my car was new & they were great. Heres a pic w/them on