Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Hawk DTC-30 pad review

Old Jul 23, 2013, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hawk DTC-30 pad review

I decided to write a review on the Hawk Performance DTC-30 track pads. Directly from the Hawk website this is their description. "Brake pads designed Specifically for Dirt Circle Track applications. Uniquely controllable torque with smooth consistent feel and bite. Superior Release and torque control characteristics."

I obviously did not use these as they were designed for. I am currently using these on my Evo VIII for daily driving and spirited use. Unfortunately I did not get a chance to test these pads out on a tarmac circuit course but definitely beat them up as best as I could after correctly bedding them in. I put approximately 1k miles on these pads before writing this review.

These pads took everything I threw at them and kept biting. I noticed no brake fade, or even noise. What I loved the most about these pads are the "consistent feel and bite". From the beginning I could tell a huge difference in the Ferodo pads that were on the vehicle. This pad truly feels like a track pad. Bite from the beginning but the more pressure you put down, the quicker the vehicle is coming to a stop. Exactly what I wanted from a pad because you can use your brake control and feel confident while doing so.

One more thing of note. This is considered a track pad but I did use for daily driving as well. I never heard a single squeal from them. Prior to install I did coat the backside with brake grease, as everyone should. I drove in both dry and wet conditions and never heard a squeal. In my book they are just as quiet as any street pad should be.

As with any review, there may be some objections but this is my experience with the pad. I definitely will be sticking with this pad for a while and testing out others as well. In the past I have used the Hawk HPS, DTC-30, Stoptech street performance, and Ferodo pads, but the DTC-30 definitely trumps them all. I would recommend this pad to anyone, under any condition to at least try out. Everyones experience may differ and unfortunately I was unable to test the pad in a cold environment as its 90 degrees everyday here in eastern NC.

Hopefully you find some gain from this review, and if you have near the same experience as me with this pad, you won't be disappointed.

-Jon