Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

06 mr suspension

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2014, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 mr suspension

I have an 06 mr that I am going to be doing swift spec r lowering springs, getting my bilsteins re valved, works front and rear camber plates, energy suspension bushing kit. I will also be changing the rest of the bushings while my car is apart. Is it worth changing the steering rack bushing or is it a waste of money as I have not heard anyone really doing this mod and feeling a difference. Everyone has praised changing Just to the Energy suspension.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 06:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the same set-up. Steering rack is not necessary, you will not notice a difference on the street, plus they're a pain to get at with the motor in the car. Make sure you get the swift spec-r's for the bilstein's and not the standard struts. They are different. Also, let bilstein know what springs your running and the will valve them to that spring rate.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

If you plan on doing all that scrap the spring idea and get a full set of coil overs.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by MechTech
If you plan on doing all that scrap the spring idea and get a full set of coil overs.
Er. No.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From what I've heard people really like the bilstein/swift combo, until they switch it out for coilovers, which is what it seems like most people end up doing. If you're going through all of that cost and trouble, you may as well skip a step and go straight to coilovers.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
It takes a lot of money and time using coilover to match the handling and comfort of this combo.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ev0ikon
It takes a lot of money and time using coilover to match the handling and comfort of this combo.
Totally agree. This is my dd and not my first car lol. I have coilovers on my civic race car and it is just absolutely unbearable to drive on the street. Just want to get the best out of this car without sacrificing all my driveability. I have the swift spec r and will be getting them revalved. Keep in mind everyone i have an mr and an mr comes with the bilsteins.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Coming from someone who has been running this combo for 5 years, trust me you are gonna like the handling. It will be a little jiggly but much better ride than the cheap coilovers. And better valving.

Make sure to get good alignment.....-2 fr -1 rear camber and zero toe all around.

Also when you are changing the bushings, do not swap out stock spherical bushings for urethane. Source the correct Mitsu replacment ones for those. The rest , fine get the urethane ones. Def do the rear trailing arm big bushing, it def helps.

The Whiteline RCK kit for the front LCA will help the angle of the front lower control arm after the Swift Spec=r drop. Well worth doing as the car will handle better with it.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have swift Spec R's on my evo and they handle pretty nice but they ride just like stock and I'm switching out for coilovers to go a little lower and I want it to ride more aggressively
Old Jun 28, 2014, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

I ran your set up for years and I thought it was a good handling car. I just went with Ohlins DFV 10K F 12K R........I wish I would have done that from the beginning.

Comfort and handling went up considerably.......day and night to be honest.