Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Steering wheel positioning

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2014, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steering wheel positioning

This may come off as a stupid thread and I had no clue where to put it. I have a 330mm personal grinta that i recently purchased, and i absolutely love it. Only thing is, it blocks the gauges unless you have the steering wheel tilted all the way up. I noticed something a little funny. When i had the steering wheel all the way up i could feel the car slightly pull left in a straight line. When i put the steering wheel in the lowest position the car runs perfectly straight...any reasoning for this? that how i kept my steering wheel even though the gauges get blocked it feels a lot nice, almost like a go kart. Looking to hear people chime in.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You sure it's still not pulling with the wheel lower? I know what you mean when you say that it feels straighter when it's lower, but it's mostly just a trick of feeling, most likely your alignment is actually a little off if you notice pull in any steering height position.

Now that I think about it, with the wheel lower it's almost like adding caster(not really but it has some similar effect), the steering wheel tilts back towards the rear of the car more, giving just a little more distance between the front wheels and steering wheel, and you usually have to sit back further and it distributes your body weight more in the center of the car. But anyways, just like adding caster, this setup may feel more stable for straight line. But the real test for pull is letting go of the steering wheel and seeing if it pulls to one side.

Still I think if your alignment is good it won't pull no matter where the steering height is.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by intj123
You sure it's still not pulling with the wheel lower? I know what you mean when you say that it feels straighter when it's lower, but it's mostly just a trick of feeling, most likely your alignment is actually a little off if you notice pull in any steering height position.

Now that I think about it, with the wheel lower it's almost like adding caster(not really but it has some similar effect), the steering wheel tilts back towards the rear of the car more, giving just a little more distance between the front wheels and steering wheel, and you usually have to sit back further and it distributes your body weight more in the center of the car. But anyways, just like adding caster, this setup may feel more stable for straight line. But the real test for pull is letting go of the steering wheel and seeing if it pulls to one side.

Still I think if your alignment is good it won't pull no matter where the steering height is.
After messing with it I realized the car stays straight with hands off wheel. I just enjoy the steering wheel at its lowest setting for some reason.