Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

New tire? Bridgestone Potenza RE71R

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:45 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
New tire? Bridgestone Potenza RE71R

Thoughts? Neal? Just saw this today browsing tire rack. Typical marketing statements in the description. The only info I found elsewhere is in Japanese...lol

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

Last edited by letsgetthisdone; Feb 13, 2015 at 10:47 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Fresh off the press and not even in inventory yet. Should have stock early/mid next month. Don't know much about it right now other than its designed to be a bit better wet option due to the directional tread design compared to the RE-11. Little improvements across the board vs. RE-11's and will probably replace the 11's in most sizes. Should get more info once snow melts and stock rolls in.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 11:00 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by Neal@tirerack.
Fresh off the press and not even in inventory yet. Should have stock early/mid next month. Don't know much about it right now other than its designed to be a bit better wet option due to the directional tread design compared to the RE-11. Little improvements across the board vs. RE-11's and will probably replace the 11's in most sizes. Should get more info once snow melts and stock rolls in.

How do you expect tread/road noise to be? Seeing as how the re11 is on of the quietest max performance summer tires, can we expect the same from the re71? The tread looks a lot like the Dunlop Z2, which is fairly loud..
Old Feb 13, 2015, 11:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Until I drive them it's hard to say. However, generally directional tires make more noise compared to an asymmetrical via design alone.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The tires are in TireRack inventory now. Neal, did you test drive them by any chance?

Originally Posted by Neal@tirerack.
Until I drive them it's hard to say. However, generally directional tires make more noise compared to an asymmetrical via design alone.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 07:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Not quite tire testing weather here yet, but should start up in the next couple/few weeks.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacing RE-11a that I really liked, found out they were discontinued to be superseded by the RE-71r so I just put them on my IX MR. It's been about 500 miles or so, and I'm extremely impressed.
I did add dba rotors / 8mm spacers at the same time as the tire, so I can't say how much that affects my experience.
Grip is outstanding in the dry, and excellent in the wet - though I haven't pushed to limits.
They are a little more noisy on certain road surfaces (newly laid asphalt), akin to the sound peeling off sticky tape makes - only at 60mph.
Again, outstanding in the turns.
You do get a tangible increase in feedback, which doesn't translate to discomfort. Interestingly there's no adverse affect on bumps/skips.
I've only been on the street, but I highly recommend these summers!