Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

SuperPro DURO3741K Duroball spherical bearing for front control arm anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2015, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
I kinda like it because it looks like I could use it as a nice jack point. I think I'll have to get a pair.
That's why I got one. I didn't notice any performance benefit, but I have never taken my car to a road course either, just canyon drives.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I kinda like it because it looks like I could use it as a nice jack point. I think I'll have to get a pair.
Haha, Mychailo, you always provide a fresh look!

Since my EVO is not competing at race, it does not really matter whether this parts effectively shave off some point x seconds from the lap time or not.

EVO is a stiff platform, so I doubt it makes a noticeable difference, but it is unique to Beatrush, and since this vertical bolt is very long, and I think it may not hurt to support a bit.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

Quick update after a track day:

About 200 miles of trip and two sessions of 25 min track, I confirmed my initial impression is correct.

Duroball + RCK + Beatrush member bar gives more stable cornering feel + quicker steering response, and more feedback from road but not harsh at all.

Going over speed bump is more on the "firm" side, but overall ride quality is still street friendly.

I am satisfied with this combination, and hope I can speed up a bit after putting in new RS3 and MXRS brake pads.
The following users liked this post:
autolove (Aug 25, 2022)
Old Oct 19, 2015, 11:12 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Sounds good. My bushings (both bushings for the front A-arms) are in the mail now. I plan to get some more drive-time on the Whiteline before I make the swap.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 10:36 AM
EvoM Guru

I should mention that I have been able to reduce the harshness of the square edged impacts with the Whiteline kit by dialing back the damping, in particular, the front damping seems to most strongly affect the feel. Its feeling pretty tolerable in the middle of the range. I still plan to try out the Duroball though because its still not quite what I would hope for an ideal comprimise DD car.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

I should mention that I have been able to reduce the harshness of the square edged impacts with the Whiteline kit by dialing back the damping, in particular, the front damping seems to most strongly affect the feel. Its feeling pretty tolerable in the middle of the range. I still plan to try out the Duroball though because its still not quite what I would hope for an ideal comprimise DD car.
Oh what kind of coilover are you using? I also heard if damper does its job, it can be streetable even with metal pillow *****. But reliability is still another story.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 07:11 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by ace33joe
Oh what kind of coilover are you using? I also heard if damper does its job, it can be streetable even with metal pillow *****. But reliability is still another story.
Ohlins R&T DFV.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Ohlins R&T DFV.
Nice!
Old Oct 20, 2015, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Ohlins R&T DFV.
What settings for the dampers are you running? I just back them off completely and run full soft for the streets. I used to keep it at something like 14 clicks front 12 rear (swapped stiffer springs to rear) on the streets but tbh I'm no off-ramp hero, and the thing is already plenty capable in full soft. I actually find it almost as comfortable at low speed as MR bilsteins and stock springs (I used to swap to the stock suspension for every winter and swap back in summer), and at moderate to high speed it is more comfortable than stock. I've since upped my spring rates to 10k and 12k, now its slightly worse at low speed and still on par or slightly better at moderate and high speeds compared to stock.

If I get lazy and don't back off the dampers after a track day and drive home.....man is it brutal.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 08:18 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by deeman101

If I get lazy and don't back off the dampers after a track day and drive home.....man is it brutal.
Yeah, I was initally close to full stiff, and it was not fun. Mid-damping settings are very nice. It does not feel underdamped for street use but is close to MR comfort level except for square-edged bumps which now are just tolerable.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 12:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bump for an update on the Duroball parts vs. solid Whitelines. I'm pretty sick of the square edge hit coming from Botts dots.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
no updates? this came up in the STU discussion thread as a method of increasing caster a little and moving the wheel forward in the wheel well. I'm actually running a fairly similar suspension setup, really the only reason im getting these is to improve the wheel position, since I'm rubbing at full lock. glad to hear the nvh shouldn't be too bad
Old Mar 21, 2016, 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
no updates? this came up in the STU discussion thread as a method of increasing caster a little and moving the wheel forward in the wheel well. I'm actually running a fairly similar suspension setup, really the only reason im getting these is to improve the wheel position, since I'm rubbing at full lock. glad to hear the nvh shouldn't be too bad
Just picked up the Caster adding bushing (DURO3741K) the RCK (TRC0001), going to install them on Sunday.

One thing that did come to mind was the mention of "washers" in the instructions, but the kit didn't come with any. I assume they are installed around the factory bushing?
Old Mar 22, 2016, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The PSRS has different sized 'washers' that allow one to change the anti-dive rate of the front suspension by spacing the rear bushing up or down. It looks like the Superpro spacers coming out of the spherical are a fixed height, not sure if both sides are the same. That's where the PSRS spacers are adjusted.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Nimpoc
It looks like the Superpro spacers coming out of the spherical are a fixed height, not sure if both sides are the same. That's where the PSRS spacers are adjusted.
Got it, thanks

Quick Reply: SuperPro DURO3741K Duroball spherical bearing for front control arm anyone?