Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

SuperPro DURO3741K Duroball spherical bearing for front control arm anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2016, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by dr_latino999
Got it, thanks
where in MO are you?

Would love pics of this installed once you've done it. I'm very backwards when it comes to mechanical stuff - if these are offset, I'm assuming there is a correct direction for these to go?

I ordered these from MAP but they said the manufacturer drop ships - hopefully not from Australia
Old Mar 22, 2016, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here's a pic of mine installed:

https://www.evolutionm.net/g/picture/3186441
Old Mar 22, 2016, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd also be interested to see pics and hear if others feel the front control arm bushing binds when installing the offset rear. The front bushing doesn't have much material to accommodate the misalignment induced by the offset rear. This really seems like a good place for a spherical replacement if one wasn't concerned with NVH. Definitely not a good application for urethane as it doesn't do well in all these different elongation modes.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

hmm - I have the whiteline front control arm bushing - this replaces that one?
Old Mar 22, 2016, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
No ya newb!

The WL bushing is for the horizontal LCA bolt and this piece replaced that "donut" bushing with a vertical bolt going through it...
Old Mar 22, 2016, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
where in MO are you?

Would love pics of this installed once you've done it. I'm very backwards when it comes to mechanical stuff - if these are offset, I'm assuming there is a correct direction for these to go?

I ordered these from MAP but they said the manufacturer drop ships - hopefully not from Australia
I'm in the Fort Leonard Wood area west of Rolla.

There is a correct direction, it comes with a timing mark. The instructions are RHD specific, but there is no change for our installation. Not a problem for pictures, I should receive my lower control arms in today and I'll be taking them to the machine shop to be pressed tomorrow.

I ordered from the link up top, http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/, shipped from the East coast and was here in four days. Hopefully doesn't take long for you.

Originally Posted by Nimpoc
I'd also be interested to see pics and hear if others feel the front control arm bushing binds when installing the offset rear. The front bushing doesn't have much material to accommodate the misalignment induced by the offset rear. This really seems like a good place for a spherical replacement if one wasn't concerned with NVH. Definitely not a good application for urethane as it doesn't do well in all these different elongation modes.
You're not my front control arm bushing's supervisor!
Old Mar 22, 2016, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by heel2toe
No ya newb!

The WL bushing is for the horizontal LCA bolt and this piece replaced that "donut" bushing with a vertical bolt going through it...
leave me alone! lol!

Originally Posted by dr_latino999
I'm in the Fort Leonard Wood area west of Rolla.

There is a correct direction, it comes with a timing mark. The instructions are RHD specific, but there is no change for our installation. Not a problem for pictures, I should receive my lower control arms in today and I'll be taking them to the machine shop to be pressed tomorrow.

I ordered from the link up top, http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/, shipped from the East coast and was here in four days. Hopefully doesn't take long for you.
got it. as long as instructions are included should be fine. hopefully they don't take TOO long. really only doing this to move the wheel position forward a hair, added caster is a bonus for me lol. the cirodesign caster plates moved the wheel back a little too far for me.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

got it. as long as instructions are included should be fine. hopefully they don't take TOO long. really only doing this to move the wheel position forward a hair, added caster is a bonus for me lol. the cirodesign caster plates moved the wheel back a little too far for me.
Name:  jKsQ39m.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  75.8 KB

Name:  gD6mLee.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  52.5 KB
The following users liked this post:
kyoo (Mar 22, 2016)
Old Mar 25, 2016, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
i meant to come back and post a quick warning, as the shop i had pressing my bushings nearly screwed up...

THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR A RIGHT HAND DRIVE CAR

the picture showing "performance settings", passenger side is our drivers side, so the bolt hole goes to the inside thats all that matters. had to spend 15 minutes arguing with a knuckle head about it.

also be careful with the rubber cap around the bolt sleeve as it is not attached in anyway and can fall off while installing
The following users liked this post:
kyoo (Mar 26, 2016)
Old Mar 26, 2016, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by killerpenguin21
i meant to come back and post a quick warning, as the shop i had pressing my bushings nearly screwed up...

THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR A RIGHT HAND DRIVE CAR

the picture showing "performance settings", passenger side is our drivers side, so the bolt hole goes to the inside thats all that matters. had to spend 15 minutes arguing with a knuckle head about it.

also be careful with the rubber cap around the bolt sleeve as it is not attached in anyway and can fall off while installing
i need a diagram... lol - is it different than the post above yours?

ok i spent more than 5 seconds looking at it and thinking about what you're saying - they must have though pass side/drivers side mattered more than the "front of the vehicle" arrow. bolt on the inside, arrow/hash on the outside

Last edited by kyoo; Mar 26, 2016 at 06:47 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
ok i spent more than 5 seconds looking at it and thinking about what you're saying - they must have though pass side/drivers side mattered more than the "front of the vehicle" arrow. bolt on the inside, arrow/hash on the outside
thats exactly what happened.

and yes you are correct. bolt hole to inside of arm, hash mark out by the wheel. if you think about it that pushes the back of the arm out, so using the front lower bushing as the pivot point it pushed the ball joint at the hub slightly towards the front of the car therefore giving a tad more caster.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

just wanted to report these recentered my wheel after the cirodesign caster plates moved the wheel back. picked up ~0.2-0.3 degrees of caster, to about 5.3-5.4 degrees total. no nvh change at all, steering feels great
Old Apr 6, 2016, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

just wanted to report these recentered my wheel after the cirodesign caster plates moved the wheel back. picked up ~0.2-0.3 degrees of caster, to about 5.3-5.4 degrees total. no nvh change at all, steering feels great
Good to hear, I have to cut out my front lower control arm bolts so I haven't been able to install my new arms.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You've referenced a couple times now that the Cirodesign caster plates unintentionally reduced caster on your Evo. How is that? I have a set sitting in my garage that I'm planning to install with the plates positioned towards the firewall, which from my understanding, is supposed to increase the caster. Right???
Old Apr 14, 2016, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GG06MR
You've referenced a couple times now that the Cirodesign caster plates unintentionally reduced caster on your Evo. How is that? I have a set sitting in my garage that I'm planning to install with the plates positioned towards the firewall, which from my understanding, is supposed to increase the caster. Right???
Never said they reduced caster - they increase caster, but they decrease the position of the wheel slightly more. It's slight, and this bushing bumped it right back to center. basically the whole strut gets moved back. the caster does increase, but not entirely enough to offset the strut moving back.

Quick Reply: SuperPro DURO3741K Duroball spherical bearing for front control arm anyone?