Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Bilstein HD struts and swift spec r springs?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2017, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bilstein HD struts and swift spec r springs?

I have a 2005 evo 8 GSR and is currently on kyb's struts and hotcheik springs. I have stock enkei rims and tires 235/45/17. I feels every bump on these Hawaii roads. There's hardly any suspension travel if feels stiff. I love the drop and really looks nice. I daily driver my car and will never track it. I wanted to upgrade to bilstein HD's with swift springs. My question is which swift spec r springs do I get? I see they have it for the GSR and a separate one for MR. With this setup, will it be a comfortable ride? Would it have suspension travel? In hawaii they do a bounce test, so suspension can't be too stiff.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
I prefer Gtworx springs to Swift spec-r. They do not drop the front as much as the swift's, but the ride quality with bilsteins is spot on. http://www.sparktecmotorsports.com/r...FRBEfgodEZ8Ivw
Old Apr 10, 2017, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nemsin
I prefer Gtworx springs to Swift spec-r. They do not drop the front as much as the swift's, but the ride quality with bilsteins is spot on. http://www.sparktecmotorsports.com/r...FRBEfgodEZ8Ivw
I just bought front and rear Bilstein B6 HD shocks. I'm going with Gtworx. They say it's 10% stiffer than swift, will it still have suspension travel? I push down on my fenders and it goes no where. I can sit on my fenders and go up and down and it won't budge...lol
Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
The GTworx springs allow more suspension travel as they sit a little taller in the front than spec-r's.

Per their own description "The extra travel of the taller ride hieght also allows the damper to soak up mid-corner bumps without bouncing off the rubber bumpstops."

Imo, the GTworx springs are the best "lowering spring" for an 8/9 on bilsteins.