Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Has anybody used these rotors/pads?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 07:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anybody used these rotors/pads?

http://brakeperformance.com/brake-ro...-brake-kit.php

In the market for new rotors and stumbled on these. Seems like a very good deal, $310 for all 4 rotors and pads with a lifetime/unlimited mile warranty. I know drilled can be less structurally sound but for the price it seems too good to beat. And I don't track the car and am fairly close to stock at 250whp.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 07:47 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Most of us that run the inexpensive rotors use the tried / true Centric rotors made by StopTech

If you want their premium rotors use the high carbon option (see link)

https://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brak...6&autoModClar=
Old Jun 12, 2017, 09:17 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Purchasing brakes and looking for a "very good deal" do not go hand in hand for me. I use Racing Brake directional vane one piece rotors and their pads. Depending on how you use the car would determine which pad compound you go with.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Most of us that run the inexpensive rotors use the tried / true Centric rotors made by StopTech

Thank you very much
Old Jun 12, 2017, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Purchasing brakes and looking for a "very good deal" do not go hand in hand for me. I use Racing Brake directional vane one piece rotors and their pads. Depending on how you use the car would determine which pad compound you go with.
I know brakes aren't something to skimp out on but I just simply don't need anything more than the basics. It's my daily and the only time I ever use the brakes is for stoplights and stop signs Thank you though
Old Jun 12, 2017, 09:49 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Couple that Centric rotor w/the StopTech street performance pads & that will give you more rotor & pad needed for heavy street use
Old Jun 12, 2017, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
i run the centric blanks with stop tech street pads. the stopping distance is awesome! it also stops hard. they squeak a bit but im used to it now.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
When I was new to the Evo and needed brake pads I didn't see the need to go expensive but I still wanted a quality pad. I went to the auto parts store and returned with Wagner Thermo Quiet pads. The box says they are a "Premium" pad. I have them here in the box in nearly new condition because they didn't work so well. It felt like I was driving an overloaded truck. See a stop sign a block ahead and get on the binders.

In aircraft they talk about how well the controls are harmonized. What this means is that the force on the rudder to do something should match the force on the elevators to do something. My car was no longer harmonized. The brake force to do something was excessive.

Any time I hear lifetime warranty in regards to brake pads I know those pads are very hard with lots of metal. The pads will last but they will eat rotors.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 06:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious

Yes. I am running Centric blanks and Duralast Gold pads.

Evos chew through rotors so unless you're tracking your car I'd stay away from any expensive rotors, and I have a set of Hawk HPS pads but they're loud so I don't run them for daily purposes. My car's brakes obviously don't have the initial bite you'd get from better pads, but they're just fine for street use.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Stoptech Street, Hawk HP, Girodisc Magic, etc.

Any street pads will be good

Centric Premium Blank rotors

I paid about $350 shipped for a full set of Stoptech pads and Centric Premium Blank rotors when I changed mine about 8 months ago
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
I've had magic pads on as long as there have been magic pads and they don't eat rotors and they don't wear out. I'm still running the original rotors on a 14 year old car. This recommendation should be taken with a grain of salt. The pads on my daily driven car are so old they probably have changed the pad properties several times by now.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:39 AM
EvoM Guru

I put the Girodisc SS pads on the Wife's X mr. Very happy with them. Not so happy with the continental DW's. Will likely be replacing those long before they wear out.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Not so happy with the continental DW's. Will likely be replacing those long before they wear out.
not to go off-topic, but that's a shame. i'm happy with mine but they're a DD tire and not anything that get autocrossed or anything
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:59 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by llDemonll
not to go off-topic, but that's a shame. i'm happy with mine but they're a DD tire and not anything that get autocrossed or anything
I just feel like the tire is squishy and not responsive. Also, its overly easy to get into the ABS with what is really a mild brake pad. We don't autocross this car either, she's worried about messing it up lol