Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

need brake pads (and maybe rotors)

Old Jul 2, 2017, 08:32 PM
Jp7
Evolved Member

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
need brake pads (and maybe rotors)

My new wheels will be here shortly, and I want to change my pads while I have everything apart. Right now my brakes are the original OEM ones and have 21K on them. There is plenty of meat left but I want to replace them with ceramic ones (mainly because they will make less dust).

I was also thinking of replacing the rotors with something drilled or slotted. This is not a track car, and will never be driven on a track.

I want to stick with the OEM brembo calipers.

looking for suggestions. I plan on doing a thorough caliper cleaning (although they are very clean most of the time, I clean them once every 2 times I drive it with wheel clean spray, soap and water with a toothbrush) - I can't wait to clean the back sides of the caliper you cant reach from the outside

I was on autozone's website and I saw that they had TRW pads for about 60$. They are ceramic.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Why do you want drilled or slotted rotors? Neither are going to be of any benefit

Stoptech Street pads, Hawk HP or HPS, Girodisc Magic. They're all fairly low dust and very easy to clean dust even so.

Centric Premium Blank rotors are what you should order if you're replacing those as well.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 09:15 PM
Jp7
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by llDemonll
Why do you want drilled or slotted rotors? Neither are going to be of any benefit
because they are impressive looking (cheesy reason I know, just being honest)
Old Jul 2, 2017, 09:50 PM
Jp7
Evolved Member

what do you think of these?

Old Jul 3, 2017, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
Fair enough, many people get them for that reason

I think those pads would be fine
Old May 23, 2018, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
@Jp7: did you end up buying the Hawk PC? Im looking into getting these as well and looking for feedback.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Shopping for new brake pads.

Looking for input on brake pads between Stoptech Sport vs Hawk HPS 5.0. I currently run the 5.0 and have been very happy with them. I use my car for autocross and don’t want a brake that bites hard. I opted for the HPS 5.0 as I do drive an RS and would like to avoid the lock up and flat spotting of the tires. The HPS 5.0 are twice the price of the Stoptech Sports and if I can the same results or better for half the price I will make the switch. I don’t care about dust as the 5.0s are dusty as hell and need to be cleaned after every event. Has anyone used the two pads and can compare?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:47 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by Wanted EVO IX
Looking for input on brake pads between Stoptech Sport vs Hawk HPS 5.0. I currently run the 5.0 and have been very happy with them. I use my car for autocross and don’t want a brake that bites hard. I opted for the HPS 5.0 as I do drive an RS and would like to avoid the lock up and flat spotting of the tires. The HPS 5.0 are twice the price of the Stoptech Sports and if I can the same results or better for half the price I will make the switch. I don’t care about dust as the 5.0s are dusty as hell and need to be cleaned after every event. Has anyone used the two pads and can compare?

My fellow RS owner

I run the StopTech Streets on my DD & EVO (when on the street). Best bang for the buck IMO. Im able to modulate the brake, just to the point of a chirp (only when I need).

Very reliable pad system
Old Aug 23, 2018, 03:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question are you running the Stoptech 309 Sport Brake Pads (Formerly known as Street Performance Pads), or the new Stoptech 308 Street Brake Pads?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 03:23 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by city
Question are you running the Stoptech 309 Sport Brake Pads (Formerly known as Street Performance Pads), or the new Stoptech 308 Street Brake Pads?
The more aggressive 309's for both my DD & EvO
Old Aug 23, 2018, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for sharing, The 309 is what I’m looking at moving into. I will likely do a fluid change while I’m at it. I’m currently on a stock fluid or oem and no issues with brake fade even with dual driving my car.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 07:25 PM
yip
Evolving Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
I have a brand new set of Stoptech slotted rotors and also a brand new set of non slotted Stoptech rotors for sale if you are interested. Price would be much less than what I paid.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the offer but my current rotors are excellent and think I should be good for the time being.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 06:42 PM
Jp7
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by goBYeBYe
@Jp7: did you end up buying the Hawk PC? Im looking into getting these as well and looking for feedback.
I'm sorry for the late response. I ended up buying and installing the brake pads shown above in my original picture. I have only probably driven the car a hundred miles or so since then, so I can't really judge the performance of give any useful opinions.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 07:32 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by yip
I have a brand new set of Stoptech slotted rotors and also a brand new set of non slotted Stoptech rotors for sale if you are interested. Price would be much less than what I paid.
how much

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need brake pads (and maybe rotors)