Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Picked up a Set of 18x9.5 +27 NT03s

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
When you rely on the seller for info, it's all sketchy LOL
Good news is they will fit with minimal work. Nice choice, too. These are my favorite daily wheels.
I've always wanted to get another set for this car.
Well, I knew there would be some fitment issues, lol

I hold myself to a higher code of ethics so I just expect people to be at least similar or close

Yeah, just need to find tires

I dont like the color as they were powder coated teal, I am having a tough time picking a color. I own a powder coating company so the choices are endless, I want to the inner barrel one color and the face another, and the lip the same as the barrel >.<

Choosing all seasons, that way I can just go wherever I want and not be limited to dry and little wet when using performance or summers lol
Old Aug 10, 2017, 02:16 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Lucky you! Man....the stuff of coat LOL
teal...ew

My car is white. Always wanted candy orange wheels haha.

​​​
Old Aug 10, 2017, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kaj
Lucky you! Man....the stuff of coat LOL
teal...ew

My car is white. Always wanted candy orange wheels haha.

​​​
'illusion orange'
camera is ****ty and does this no justice
View this post on Instagram

Was thinking this
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/gal...sion-Top-Coat/

I have a red car
Old Aug 10, 2017, 02:29 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Rob_STI_PNW
'illusion orange'
camera is ****ty and does this no justice
https://www.instagram.com/p/BW32SiVh...=jarcustomsllc

Was thinking this
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/gal...sion-Top-Coat/

I have a red car
Yes! That orange.

Red is tough, not many options. Bronze is always a good bet, though. Will look amazing!
The following users liked this post:
Rob_STI_PNW (Aug 10, 2017)
Old Aug 10, 2017, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

I make weighted shift knobs too lol
View this post on Instagram
Old Aug 10, 2017, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
I never had to trim or relocate anything in the rear. I wonder what's different.
This is the piece of plastic on the passenger side I needed to trim, prior to trimming. You can easily see where the tire was rubbing. This is right next to where the bumper bolt is.

Name:  kkZ5rAJ.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  56.5 KB
Old Aug 10, 2017, 03:38 PM
kaj

I must have trimmed something, then. I know I didn't move any hardware. Maybe I trimmed and just aren't remembering.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 08:48 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Hopefully I'm not threadjacking, but do the 17x9.5 (+38 mm) also require a 10 mm spacer to clear the front calipers?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 09:09 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
Hopefully I'm not threadjacking, but do the 17x9.5 (+38 mm) also require a 10 mm spacer to clear the front calipers?
Ive researched this wheel & no spacers are needed from what other members have noted. Bit of an odd looking wheel w/the inverse spoke arch but they work!

Heres a thread to confirm:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...d-spacers.html
Old Aug 18, 2017, 10:25 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Ive researched this wheel & no spacers are needed from what other members have noted. Bit of an odd looking wheel w/the inverse spoke arch but they work!

Heres a thread to confirm:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...d-spacers.html
Thanks. Yeah, I had forgotten about the weird dish. Not for me.

If anyone is interested, the new NT03RR 18x9.5 +27 and +40 both clear the front calipers without any spacers. I got this straight from a phone call with Enkei International about 30 minutes ago. The +40 with a 5-10 mm spacer front and rear might be the hot ticket for fitment that requires minimal modifications. Will definitely be an expensive wheel though.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 10:35 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by mrfred
Thanks. Yeah, I had forgotten about the weird dish. Not for me.

If anyone is interested, the new NT03RR 18x9.5 +27 and +40 both clear the front calipers without any spacers. I got this straight from a phone call with Enkei International about 30 minutes ago. The +40 with a 5-10 mm spacer front and rear might be the hot ticket for fitment that requires minimal modifications. Will definitely be an expensive wheel though.
If they don't need spacers, why use spacers?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 10:39 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kaj
If they don't need spacers, why use spacers?
Balancing spacing between fenders and struts/shocks. Since I run 17x9 +32 without any rubbing and without roll/pull, I suspect that an 18x9.5 with +35 mm effective offset may be able to clear fenders and struts/shocks without rubbing. Of course it will depend on tire size used as well. Also, using spacers to adjust effective offset to be closer to stock offset should be beneficial for steering response.
The following users liked this post:
kaj (Aug 18, 2017)
Old Aug 18, 2017, 01:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by Raptord
I just put the same wheels on my 9 this summer so I think I'm in a decent position to help.

You need +10mm spacers for the front. I went with Ichiba V1's, part number MZ-52110. They are slip-on and come with extended studs. Forget about the 5mm in the rear; they're tough enough to fit as it is, don't make it even harder on yourself with a spacer.

The wheel bore is 72.6mm, so you need 72.6 -> 67.1 hub centering rings.

For the following fitment information, it's worth keeping in mind I run a fairly aggressive alignment due to tracking the car; -3 camber in the front, -2 in the rear. Right now I'm using the 245/40 Z1 Star specs that came with the wheels, but will be moving up to 255/35 or 265/55.

The front doesn't have trouble tucking under the fender under compression (don't forget my camber though). At full lock though, there's some rubbing against the bottom of the fender liner and side skirt. I'm hoping this will be reduced when going to the shorter 255 or 265s.

The rear is the tougher part to fit, especially for total functionality. I had the fenders rolled and pulled (maybe not pulled enough, I'm worried I might have trouble with 265s). The rear bumper bolt needed to be relocated, and part of the plastic liner near the bumper bolt needed to be trimmed.

As you can see it's not the easiest piece of work, but I don't regret going through the trouble because IMO it's on of the best looking wheels on the Evo, and the result when you've put in the work is a fitment that manages to be both aggressive and flush while remaining functional (I took the car out to the track for the first time with the NT03's last weekend and had no rubbing at all).

I can add a couple of pictures of the end result and of the modifications required later if you'd like.

SSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHPPPPPPPPPP

Replace those ichiba JUNK studs IMMEDIATELY!!!!!! I had them fail, costing me about $5k to repair my car whenI had a wheel come off. Pony up for ARP's and live worry free.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the widest wheel without dealing with spacer issues? Please help!
Old Sep 7, 2017, 02:42 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by NewEvoGuyInFL
What is the widest wheel without dealing with spacer issues? Please help!
Spacers solve two issues. The first and most frequent need for spacers is to allow a wheel to clear the front caliper. Many wheels with a desirable offset do not clear the front caliper, and so a spacer is required to move the wheel away from the caliper. Every wheel is different. Some manufacturers like Enkei keep caliper profiles on hand for all popular sports cars, and they can tell you whether any of their wheels will clear the Evo front caliper.

The other need that is fairly uncommon is to space the wheel for clearance inside the wheel well. Most of the time, spacers are not needed for this purpose.

Quick Reply: Picked up a Set of 18x9.5 +27 NT03s