Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Best Suspension For Road

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 03:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Suspension For Road

Hi
I bought a Evo 6. Previous owner installed full racing Tein shocks.
Im not sure which type of Tein shocks are installed. Maybe I can figure that out somehow so I can sell them?

I can feel every bump in the road, really not good for street use at all. It so hard its destroyed the steering bushes

What should I get to replace them? I live in Thailand, the roads are pretty bad. Should I get rally shocks? Or whats the closes aftermarket part to the shocks that come with the Evo as standard? Is that the way to go? Or something in between?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 06:05 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
In your situation, maybe installing the stock suspension is your best choice

or, installing the stock suspension & using a lowering spring (i.e. GTWorx or Swift spring)
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
i agree with joe
Old Sep 26, 2017, 02:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The stock suspensiom is long gone. I don't have it. Evo aren't available here they are all modified lancer. Nobody importing standard suspensions
Old Sep 26, 2017, 07:28 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
A lot of us run Fortune Auto coilovers. They have a dealer in Thailand (Kudos Motor Co. LTD)
https://fortune-auto.com/dealers/

I would call Kudos Motor. They can custom spring & valve for the T-Land road conditions. They do make coilovers for the EvO6

Just a thought
Old Sep 27, 2017, 06:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hello i may be of some help i live in the philippines and ive been to thailand a few times and i can say from experience that philippine roads are much worse than thailand roads. I too have an evo 6 and went with d2 street coilovers with 7.5kg springs. The ride is just stiff enough at its softest setting its just a tad bit stiffer than stock ive had them on for 2 years now no problems so far. Before the d2 coilovers i had hks coils which were way too stiff and harsh ended up ruining those switched to stock evo6 suspension then a set of tommi makinen edition suspension both rode well for older used sets but they soon blew out within a year each. Went with the d2 coils as they offer great aftersales support over here with replacement parts easily sourced tho i have not needed to get anything done since putting them on. Would recommend them if they have a dealer over there. If they can hold up to philippine roads im sure they would be great over there.