Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Do just rear sway bars?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 01:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do just rear sway bars?

Hi guys. I want to do my first suspension mods and increase the handling of my Evo on Tarmac and reduce under steer. Whiteline swaybars are currently on sale where I live and am considering picking some up. Would it be worth to invest in a front and rear sway bar bundle or just get rear sway bars?

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_...K009M&sq=20037
http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_...65XXZ&sq=20040
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:08 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by McRooster
Hi guys. I want to do my first suspension mods and increase the handling of my Evo on Tarmac and reduce under steer. Whiteline swaybars are currently on sale where I live and am considering picking some up. Would it be worth to invest in a front and rear sway bar bundle or just get rear sway bars?
Rear only. Adding an uprated FSB will severly increase understeer. Get the 24mm WL rear bar
Old Nov 15, 2017, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Rear only. Adding an uprated FSB will severly increase understeer. Get the 24mm WL rear bar
Why 24mm and not 26mm? Doesn't more diameter increase stiffness?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 04:27 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Why 24mm and not 26mm? Doesn't more diameter increase stiffness?
I think it depends on what your spring rates are. I run a fairly hefty rate so my RSB is a 24mm. (10K / 12K)

If I were to run a 9K/10K set-up or less, I might consider a heavier RSB i.e. 26mm
Old Nov 15, 2017, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
I think it depends on what your spring rates are. I run a fairly hefty rate so my RSB is a 24mm. (10K / 12K)

If I were to run a 9K/10K set-up or less, I might consider a heavier RSB i.e. 26mm
Right now I am on stock set up. I will be upgrading coil-overs at a later time but it is undecided as to what I will get. I heard most people recommend getting a 24mm RSB regardless.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 05:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I was in your shoes and have posted on here that ST Suspension offers a 25mm Solid rear sway bar kit and comes with endlinks and all hardware. It was way cheaper than Whiteline and I’m very happy with my purchase! ST Suspension rear bar has more adjustment settings than the Whiteline. They also offer a package if you wanted both front and rear bars. I don’t personally feel the need for the front but if you need it, options there. Oh, I also run 10k front/ 12k rear spring rates on my coilover setup.
The following users liked this post:
ronaldo9 (Nov 17, 2017)
Old Nov 17, 2017, 12:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Right now I am on stock set up. I will be upgrading coil-overs at a later time but it is undecided as to what I will get. I heard most people recommend getting a 24mm RSB regardless.
i bought my car with whiteline front and rear sway bars with OEM struts, as it is now if i throw it into a slow speed corner at speed, it will run neutral and slide sideays, if i hit a high speed sweeper in the rain the back will break out first, the front doesnt seem to slide out, i went around a round about to quick and the rear let go quick and it almost did a 180 that was on road tires but on Advans it pretty neutral but leans on the back more then the front. I dont mind it was now pretty used to it, the sway bars harden up the ride like a rock, id like to put olins on one day when i have a couple of k to throw down