Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Rear Adjustable Control Arms

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Rear Adjustable Control Arms

I found a couple of super old threads searching but nothing recent, so here is a new one. Are there any adjustable control arms that you guys would recommend for mostly street driving, with a few track/autox days? I went for an alignment today (the guy who does alignments for a lot of the local SCCA/track drivers and knows is stuff, not joe blow alignment guy) and discovered that with the factory adjustment I can't get any LESS negative than -3* camber in the rear. That is with the adjustments all the way positive. Ideally I would like around -1.5* camber in the rear. My setup is a little different (CP9A chassis and drivetrain with CT9A Bilstein HD's and CT9A factory springs) but I believe the rear bits are all the same between V-IX. So, in order to get my alignment done, I need to be able to adjust my rear camber beyond the factory eccentric bolt and that seems to leave adjustable lower control arms as the only solution.

The options I have seen shopping online today are as follows, as you can see there is a WIDE range of prices and very little info or reviews on any of them:
Generic ebay, $110
GodSpeed, $170
Blackworks BWR, $300
Megan Racing, $370
DME, $380
Agency Power, $500
Hardrace, $525
AK MotorSport, $720

If anyone has used them or has experience, please let me know. Thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2018, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

I ran across this post in another thread. He's comparing the Godspeed LCA's he had first to the Blackworks ones. No real world testing, but compares the quality and craftsmanship.

Originally Posted by GraphiteMRevo
In stumbled upon a new company which CNCs and does their own CAD drawings for designing suspension parts and other specialty parts. Just by looking at their products it was the quality of design and price I wanted for the part I needed.
Although this isn't quite JDM, I needed it because the last piece of **** set wasn't up to standards.
Attachment 267860
Blackworks Racing attention to detail even on the urithane bushings even tho it will be covered up after install.

Attachment 267861
Billet Lower Control Arms Blackworks Racing lower control arms are manufactured from solid 6061-T6 (solutionized and artificially aged), pre-tempered aircraft grade aluminum, utilizing CNC mills and CAD software in the engineering process. All design and manufacturing takes place in house, allowing for tighter tolerances, greater process control, and elimination of defects.

Attachment 267862
Comparing the difference between the evo9 arm and BWR parts. Both arms weigh about the same but BWR arms have more adjustability than stock.

Attachment 267863
Each control arm is laser engraved with a unique serial number ensuring that each piece is a genuine Blackworks Racing component. Lifetime Warranty on all Lower Control Arms

Attachment 267864
Made in the USA, I'm quite pleased with it. They do come in multiple anodized colors at no extra charge.
This swap took me 45 min. being careful not to ruin the finish.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 07:54 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Misread your post at first pass

Looks like w/your susp swap, the negative camber is way off the charts. I agree, -1.5 sounds about right for street driving

Not too many of us have had to resort to the adj arms but sounds like youre doing the proper homework

Sorry cant be more help other than those BWR arms look amazing

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Apr 16, 2018 at 08:15 PM.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Misread your post at first pass

Looks like w/your susp swap, the negative camber is way off the charts. I agree, -1.5 sounds about right for street driving

Not too many of us have had to resort to the adj arms but sounds like youre doing the proper homework

Sorry cant be more help other than those BWR arms look amazing
Thanks for the response anyway. I am leaning towards the BWR ones right now.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 04:41 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I just bought the Agency Power ones on ebay. I haven't received them yet, so I can't really give any feedback. The BWR ones look nice but I think the company went under so they are hard to come by unless you want a red set off ebay. I went with AP because I found a really good price, the quality, the warranty, and they are 1 lbs lighter then stock.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wheelie
I just bought the Agency Power ones on ebay. I haven't received them yet, so I can't really give any feedback. The BWR ones look nice but I think the company went under so they are hard to come by unless you want a red set off ebay. I went with AP because I found a really good price, the quality, the warranty, and they are 1 lbs lighter then stock.
I was wondering about that because vendors that used to carry the BWR ones no longer have them in stock, like MAP and STM. However, I went ahead and ordered a set of the red ones off of eBay. Here is my current setup showing the alignment marks for the camber.

Last edited by 9!'clipseDOHC; Apr 17, 2018 at 11:51 AM.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 194 Likes on 115 Posts
I ran on the blackworks ones all last year.

I mainly autox'd on 285mm Hoosier A7's and did some track days as well. Absolutely no issues here what so ever with these LCAs. Take that for what its worth.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LV///R
I ran on the blackworks ones all last year.

I mainly autox'd on 285mm Hoosier A7's and did some track days as well. Absolutely no issues here what so ever with these LCAs. Take that for what its worth.
Thanks for the input! I placed my order this afternoon. Since you have used them, do you think they will allow me to take camber away?

Last edited by 9!'clipseDOHC; Apr 17, 2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 12:22 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 194 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by 9!'clipseDOHC

Thanks for the input! I placed my order this afternoon. Since you have used them, do you think they will allow me to take camber away?
Yes sir, there seems to be a wide range of camber adjustability.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

So this weekend my BWR control arms arrived. They are beautiful pieces and seem to be of very high quality. This week I was able to get them installed, although installation was kind of a pain lining everything back up.

With the new adjustable arms installed I took it to an alignment shop this morning to get everything lined up. The front went pretty smoothly, we were able to get -2.3* camber with 0 toe and between +3.5-4* caster.

In the rear we could easily get -1.5* camber, which is what I wanted, but in doing so, it would throw the toe way out, even with the factory adjustment turned all the way. So in the end, in order to get 0 toe in the rear, we had to move the camber all the way back to -3*.

So, now I’m going to have to order adjustable toe arms too. Together with adjustable toe and camber arms I should be able to get my -1.5* camber and 0 toe. To be continued.