Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tire repair place knicked my Gramlight 57S while repairing a nail in tire

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2005, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire repair place knicked my Gramlight 57S while repairing a nail in tire

Ok guys, well Monday night i took my car to have a bolt taken out of the tire since I seem to run over everything, well anyway i told them to be really careful with my wheel since it is you know a special wheel to me. 17x8.5 Rays 57S in metal bronze, anyway while unmounting the tire to patch it up, the kinda knicked my wheel with some little bar tool on the lip. Was tiny so i wasnt going to worry about. Well it was last night that I noticed that this place was alittle bigger where the clear coat on the lip was scratched up and the paint beginning to flake off more and more, so the guy told me to call in today. Well to fix their mistake, he wants to borrow my wheel for a little while to take it somewhere to get the paint matched and have somewhere fix that spot. What do you guys think? personally i think id rather just leave it messed up than to have someone try to match the special metal bronze rays color and mess my wheel up even more. Wish they would just bought me a new one. Opinions on this?
Old Jan 15, 2005, 08:24 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Let them try to fix it. If they mess it up then demand a new wheel. At least give them a chance to take care of it for you. If they do mess it up, don't blame me .

I'm going through a similar thing right now with Discount Tire where they damaged 3 of my wheels putting new tyres on.
Old Jan 15, 2005, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

I hope you didnt sign any paperwork that has disclaimers that they are not responsible for any damages and stuff.
Old Jan 15, 2005, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

nah i didnt sign anything, and the manager even remembers me stating about them not messing up my wheels is why he told me to come in and let him see it this morning. I just dunno about them taking my wheel to "repair" it. Neal at Tirerack??? thoughts on wheel repair?? process?
Old Jan 17, 2005, 01:28 AM
Evolved Member

Have them buy you a new wheel. I don't think anyone can match the bronze paint on Ray wheels.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IS2000
Have them buy you a new wheel. I don't think anyone can match the bronze paint on Ray wheels.

yeah i know, i may not even fool with it, and if it gets really really bad i can just buy a new wheel one day or something. This is my daily driver and would be alot of trouble to find time to get it done. Its a small mistake, but im afraid it will just fake worse with time and washes with a sponge, maybe ill just be careful with that area when washing.