Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

STOPTECH rotors, POWER SLOT rotors or RACING BRAKE rotors

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2006, 09:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
STOPTECH rotors, POWER SLOT rotors or RACING BRAKE rotors

Im looking for a set of front rotors for my daily driving. Drilled or Slotted? Im looking for quiet and good enough on street. STOPTECH better or POWER SLOT or RACING BRAKE? Reason I pick those 3 is because I painted my BREMBO calipers in BLACK color. SO i need to match them up.

PS: drilled or slotted or both combine? Im looking for outlook/comfortable, I appreciate it! please post your comment.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Eh, hell, you can even get crossdrilled... It really doesnt matter, crossdrilled/slotted allow for a little bit more air to get into the break to keep it cooler (better stopping power).

TJ
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Cross-drilled will crack if you drive hard. I'd stay away from them.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah the cross-drilled rotors are more likely to crack under prolonged period of abuse or high heat. Some companys claim that their product will not crack though.
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by spdracerut
Cross-drilled will crack if you drive hard. I'd stay away from them.
I think its only true if you buy cheap cross-drilled rotors. Doesn't Ferrari and GT3 come with Cross drilled? I am pretty sure those won't crack when they track it hard.

Tom
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

i know Porsche cast there rotors with the holes in the instead of drilling them.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 04:27 AM
Evolving Member

Go with the stoptech rotors (slotted). I also think they are lighter then the rest.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BoostWhore
i know Porsche cast there rotors with the holes in the instead of drilling them.
And they still crack on the track!!!!
Old Nov 11, 2006, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

For the street...any rotor that fits will do. Why go with the most expensive?
Old Nov 11, 2006, 07:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tlclee
I think its only true if you buy cheap cross-drilled rotors. Doesn't Ferrari and GT3 come with Cross drilled? I am pretty sure those won't crack when they track it hard.

Tom
The Ferrari 360 street car had drilled rotors....the 360 challange race car did not. Interesting.

To the OP, I would prefer Stoptech slotted rotors. Racing Brakes are nice, but for some reason they require you to use Hawk pads, which are okay, but i don't like that restriction.

If you really want to go all out, Performance Friction 2-piece rotors are the way to go, or wait for Stoptechs two piece rotors.

- Andrew
Old Nov 11, 2006, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

Stoptech Slotted with what kind of brake pad is more comfortable for daily driving? Quiet, no buzzing sounds when I brake. Project MU H/S street alrighT? I streetrace once awhile for fun
Old Nov 12, 2006, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

whats wrong with the stockers?
Old Nov 13, 2006, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by GTWORX.com
The Ferrari 360 street car had drilled rotors....the 360 challange race car did not. Interesting.

To the OP, I would prefer Stoptech slotted rotors. Racing Brakes are nice, but for some reason they require you to use Hawk pads, which are okay, but i don't like that restriction.

If you really want to go all out, Performance Friction 2-piece rotors are the way to go, or wait for Stoptechs two piece rotors.

- Andrew
RaciongBrake two piece stock replacement rotors (both front and rear) are track proven commodity and have been delivered to and tested in the market for more than two years while others still promising to make them availble.

Hawk racing pads were recommended for "motorsports" which we have tested them out and can guarantee of no pad deposit issue while some use other brands (i.e. Carbotech) can encounter pad deposit problem (reporting from Sti stock two piece application, not on EVO)

It's not a restriction. we have customers use their preferred racing pads with the same great braking result as Hawk.

Last edited by sdoow; Nov 13, 2006 at 06:41 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by GTWORX.com

- Andrew
are the strop techs lighter then stock???
Old Nov 13, 2006, 07:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by sdoow
RaciongBrake two piece stock replacement rotors (both front and rear) are track proven commodity and have been delivered to and tested in the market for more than two years while others still promising to make them availble.

Hawk racing pads were recommended for "motorsports" which we have tested them out and can guarantee of no pad deposit issue while some use other brands (i.e. Carbotech) can encounter pad deposit problem (reporting from Sti stock two piece application, not on EVO)

It's not a restriction. we have customers use their preferred racing pads with the same great braking result as Hawk.
Good to know.

- Andrew

Quick Reply: STOPTECH rotors, POWER SLOT rotors or RACING BRAKE rotors