Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Goodridge Brake Line Advisory!

Old Sep 30, 2003, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the brake lines, but don't have anyone to help me fit them at the moment, so they are sitting in a box in the back of my car waiting for a willing volunteer to help me fit them. Also I got a new job and haven't really had any time off to do it. I need to get around to it though, so I thanks for the prodding....
Old Sep 30, 2003, 06:31 PM
EvoM Guru

Could you post some pics of the new lines?

Thanks
Old Oct 1, 2003, 12:32 AM
Evolving Member

Got mine today at MPJ Performance. I will install them this weekend! woot
Old Oct 20, 2003, 09:23 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by SILVER SURFER
Could you post some pics of the new lines?

Thanks
...any word on that?
Old Oct 23, 2003, 08:35 AM

fits and routes okay ! We should have done the shop car sooner and not be lazynext time around so we can contribute to issues like these in the future.

great team work !!!!
cheers

gino, mike, andrew and riggs

edited for email notification...

Last edited by gb-motorsports; Oct 23, 2003 at 08:38 AM.
Old Jan 3, 2004, 12:44 AM

Okay, sorry for the delay here. I had a few issues and didn't get the lines on until about 2 weeks ago. They fit just fine now! Also did a set of Road Race Engineering lines for a friend yesterday and they fit ok.
Old Apr 12, 2004, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Hi Perversity, any tips that you may have for this installation?

thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2004, 01:26 PM

With the goodridge lines it's a simple remove and replace. I drained all of the fluid out of the system first as I wanted to repace it, which made things easier. If you have another manufacturer's set of brake lines then sometimes the clip that holds the brake line in place near the front strut tower is tough to get in. This can be solved by flattening the clip with a hammer.

Good luck with the install. If you are unsure get a professional to do it, afterall, these are your brakes we're talking about here....
Old May 12, 2004, 05:23 AM
Mrk

Unhappy Same thing in the UK

We have the same problem here in Blighty, but since I notified Goodridge UK of this issue a few months ago, they have done nothing. And they weren’t even aware of it.

When I installed the rear lines I just cable tied them up away from the drivshaft.

Goodridge said that they were designed that way to ensure a less restrictive flow of the fluid that the oem lines had with the 90° kink.

So have you guys got any pictures of the new lines. So I can pester Goodridge UK to get things sorted, as I don’t like relying on cable ties when it comes to brakes.

Mrk

PS – This Forum really is a good place to read up on our Evo8’s, and you guys have so many different types of mods, its crazy.

Last edited by Mrk; May 12, 2004 at 05:26 AM.
Old May 12, 2004, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

My only complaint with them is the rear "nut" is 2mm too big and needed to be shaved down on opposing sides to fit it into the bracket where it meets the hard line on the chassis.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Unhappy GoodRidge *ReWork* SS rear brakeline prob...

I bought a set of GoodRidge *ReWork* version from a vendor on this forum. Here is the picture of the rear connector compare the the GoodRidge *G-Stop* version.
The problem is that the ReWork line will not mate tighly up to the stock Hard Line connector. Good thing we found this out while the car was on the lift.
Beside that, the *ReWork* parts are identical to the *G-Stop* version in quality and craftmenship.
Attached Thumbnails Goodridge Brake Line Advisory!-goodridge_ss_brakelines.jpg  
Old Apr 14, 2005, 10:07 PM

EVOikon,

I've got the REworks too. So you couldn't get the rear fitting to seal up to the hard line...? I would send them back to Goodridge if that is the case. They are guaranteed.

slvrevo
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:08 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, old man has a question... what is this "rework" thing?
Old Apr 15, 2005, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
ReWork is a repackaging division of APC (that is right - the famous sticker Co
And no worry. The vendor is gonna give me store credit. I just hate the fact that I had to pay retail ($129) for the G-Stop (GoodRidge's own pakaging co) while my car was on the lift.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 06:55 AM

Goodridge actually made a bunch of brake lines with the fittings for the front on the rear brake line - which is what the above photo shows. I thought that whole batch had been recalled - because I personally went to the Goodridge HQ, showed them the problem, and explained how dangerous it was to release a product such as a brake line with th wrong fittings on it. If you still have the brake line and it has the yellow Goodridge plastic tag on it, please send it back to goodridge directly and let them know that vendors are still selling them.

Good luck with getting the brake lines on your car, it WILL be worth the effort!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Goodridge Brake Line Advisory!