Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Goodridge Brake Line Advisory!

Old Jul 28, 2003, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Goodridge Brake Line Advisory!

If you have purchased BF Goodridge performance brake lines for the Evo 8 (product # 308888) recently then it is VERY important that you read this! Your life may depend on it.

The rear brake lines are made differently from the stock lines. The stock lines have a 90 degree elbow in the connector from the hard pipe to route the line away from the drive shaft, whereas the Goodridge hoses do not. Also the Goodridge hoses are slightly longer than the stock ones. Therefore, if you use the stock routing for the Goodridge hoses then they WILL rub on the drive shaft and fail.

To correctly route the Goodridge hoses at the rear use the bottom guides on the caliper and bring the hose underneath the drive shaft to the hard pipe. This gives it the correct clearance. I will provide some photos later.

If you do not follow these instructions then your brake lines will fail sooner or later, so don’t take the chance.
Old Jul 29, 2003, 05:50 PM

Update - Goodridge have acknowledged that the rear lines are indeed incorrect and will be manufacturing a set that will follow the stock routing.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 07:56 PM
EvoM Guru

So are they actually replacing the existing kit for prople who have already bought/installed them?

I meant to post about this earlier, but I also found it hard to believe that no one else noticed or bothered to say anything about this.
Several people on here said they used these lines and no one that I saw mentioned problems with the rear fitment/routing.

Since this is a safety issue, maybe this should be a sticky???

My supplier refunded my money on these and was going to talk with Goodridge about this also.
I already have another set from a different source, that are exact replacements soo....
I was upset at first about my wasted time and effort, trying to install these things, and then realizing the potential safety issues that they seemd to over look.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 09:13 PM

Yes, Goodridge are going to replace the lines bought be existing customers, as far as I know. They are certainly going to replace mine! I agree about the sticky. Chances are that if people have already fitted them and routed them the same way that I did then they will probably run into the same issue. The reason I pushed it with Goodridge is to try and prevent this from happening.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 01:17 PM

Thanx for the post. I was just getting ready to install my goodridge lines from RMR. RMR was unclear as to the solution but is taking the lines back.
Mark
Old Aug 1, 2003, 08:53 PM

Spoke to Goodridge again today. They are in production with the new lines and will be giving them to me next week to test. Once I have confirmed they are a good fit then they have a recall plan in place.
Old Aug 4, 2003, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

info on the brake lines? steel braided? do anyone else make them? wilwood,earl's etc...?

-shahul
Old Aug 4, 2003, 04:47 PM

Hi there Shahul

don't know about other brands, this thread is really about the goodridge lines and I'd like to try and keep it as pure as poss. Perhaps you could start a new thread about aftermarket lines or something to get that info?

Good luck...
Old Aug 12, 2003, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

I think he was asking if the Goodridge lines are braided or not and if anyone else is selling them with a different name on the package.
Old Aug 12, 2003, 08:48 PM

Good news! The new braided lines are on their way to me from Goodridge, so I should have them to install this week. I will let you know how it goes and post a couple of pics.
Old Aug 16, 2003, 06:55 AM

got new braided lines from Goodridge and will fit next week. Photos to follow.
Old Aug 30, 2003, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

So what ever happend with the Goodridge lines?
Old Sep 1, 2003, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I really want to know the status of the Goodrige braided lines. Please let us knoe. If they are ready and available, could anybody say the part # and pricing, thanks.

Julian Jr.
Old Sep 7, 2003, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Did you ever get those pics? I'm interested in getting a set of these brake lines.
Old Sep 29, 2003, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

BUMP!

I'd like to know what has happened with the lines. Are they finally out, revised?

Julian Jr.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Goodridge Brake Line Advisory!