Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

The Brake Rotor, Pad, Line, Fluid, and Duct Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2014, 05:16 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
OP updated. Converted the data over to tables for easier reading.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 03:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
someone using wilwood 2p rotors?

http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Bra...ancer+EVO+VIII

Price is good and comes with everything!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 06:23 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Yeah, does seem like a good price except most guys probably already have the lines & would be skeptical about the pad choice

Seems like most 2-piece rotors are running in the $300-400 range per each

Most of us just run the premium Centric & it tracks well
Old Nov 26, 2014, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Woah I didn't know Wilwood made bolt on rotors for our cars that work with the factory Brembos. I would love 2 piece rotors but could never justify the cost. That kit you posted looks promising based on the price but as Minus mentioned I already have stainless lines and preferred pads.

But then I was playing around on their site and the pricing doesn't seem to make sense. The entire kit that includes rotors pads and lines is $659 yet the rotor hats are $170 each http://www.wilwood.com/Hats/HatProd....temno=170-8750 rotor rings are $225 each (they are directional but same price for either side) http://www.wilwood.com/Rotors/RotorP...temno=160-8747 and then the hardware which I couldnt find a price on but I'd imagine is another $20 a side. So at the end of the day it ends up being >$800
Old Dec 29, 2014, 09:05 PM

Guys I am really sorry if this question came up but I couldn't find it. I have a 2004 Evo 8 and I am looking to replace the stupid rotors and pads I got from BrakePerformance. They are from Satan that's all I can say. This is what I had in mind.

Rotors: StopTech (Is it worth to pay extra for the Cryo?)
Pads: Hawks HPS
Lines: AMS SS (Do I have to worry about the safety?)

I will wait for the response.

Thanks,
Old Dec 30, 2014, 10:23 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by 11 Sec Evo 8
Guys I am really sorry if this question came up but I couldn't find it. I have a 2004 Evo 8 and I am looking to replace the stupid rotors and pads I got from BrakePerformance. They are from Satan that's all I can say. This is what I had in mind.

Rotors: StopTech (Is it worth to pay extra for the Cryo?)
Pads: Hawks HPS
Lines: AMS SS (Do I have to worry about the safety?)

I will wait for the response.

Thanks,
Just use what a lot of us use: Simple Centric rotors work well. If you want a more premium rotor use the High Carbon option. Tirerack carries them. As a side note, I track the regular non high carbon Centrics & they work great

As for pads, just use Stop Tech street pads. They work well for the street & light track work

Lines: For sure run the SST lines. Most top brands are OK. If they are installed correctly safety should not be a concern. I forget off hand which ones I have

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Dec 30, 2014 at 04:13 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Just use what a lot of use: Simple Centric rotors work well. If you want a more premium rotor use the High Carbon option. Tirerack carries them. As a side note, I track the regular non high carbon Centrics & they work great

As for pads, just use Stop Tech street pads. They work well for the street & light track work

Lines: For sure run the SST lines. Most top brands are OK. If they are installed correctly safety should not be a concern. I forget off hand which ones I have

Thank you very much for the response.

I am going to go with the simple StopTech Rotors. Where do you get the StopTech pads from? Are they better than Hawks? I just really don't want the rotors to warp. Haha
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:58 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by 11 Sec Evo 8
Thank you very much for the response.

I am going to go with the simple StopTech Rotors. Where do you get the StopTech pads from? Are they better than Hawks? I just really don't want the rotors to warp. Haha
Curious what the price diff is between the Cenrics Vs ST's. Im sure the Centrics are less & work just as well

I only suggested the ST pads because Ive use them on the street. They are not that expensive (Get from Amazon or other) & they work w/no noise. Confirm but the part no. I believe it is 309.10010

On the track I use a track only pad (Carbotech)
Old Dec 30, 2014, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Curious what the price diff is between the Cenrics Vs ST's. Im sure the Centrics are less & work just as well

I only suggested the ST pads because Ive use them on the street. They are not that expensive (Get from Amazon or other) & they work w/no noise. Confirm but the part no. I believe it is 309.10010

On the track I use a track only pad (Carbotech)
Thank you for all the help.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Does anyone here have experience with the Wilwood 2 piece rotors?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I finally got around to installing Fortunes "revised" brake line bracket for the older 500's. They put the brake line in a pretty good bind. I have russell likes and they will slide through the bushing I just don't want to bend them up too much. Picture attached.
Attached Thumbnails The Brake Rotor, Pad, Line, Fluid, and Duct Thread-image.jpg  
Old May 18, 2015, 09:36 PM

Powerslot rotors?

Anyone know what happened to Powerslot rotors? I have a set on my 2003 Evo VIII which I've been using with Ferrodo DS-2500 pads and I've been very happy with them. But now they're finally wearing out, and I can't find anyone selling them anymore.
Old May 19, 2015, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Stoptech owns Powerslot and Stoptech is actually the "performance brake division" of Centric. So my $ is on the fact that Centric slotted rotors are the same as Stoptech slotted rotors which were formerly the Powerslot rotors...

See here for more info:
http://www.stoptech.com/products/rot...h-sport-rotors
Old May 19, 2015, 09:25 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Yea, they're now stoptech. When you order them, they will come in a centric box, with a stop tech sticker on the side.
Old May 20, 2015, 03:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Has anyone used the APM J slot rotors?

Quick Reply: The Brake Rotor, Pad, Line, Fluid, and Duct Thread