Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Enkei RPF1 17x9.5 on Evo (confirm this plz)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 08:30 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 143 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
just found this thread via search. any updates? i'd like to run a 275 tire on my 17x9.5 +38 RPFs. i currently get a bit of rear, lower control arm rub from the wheels.. i imagine the tire will rub for sure. i have my rear fenders rolled but not pulled. fronts have enough fender gap that i'm not worried. running KW coilovers and 20mm spacers up front, so guessing i have plenty of room there.
You're getting lower control arm rub from the wheels? You should have enough clearance there.

Make sure your tire shop didn't put clip-on weights on the inside of your wheels, though. I had a tire shop put a single clip-on weight on the inside of my 17x9.5 +38 RPF-1s, and that was enough to just barely catch the control arm under hard cornering. But once I pried that weight off I had plenty of clearance on the wheels at least.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 09:47 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by Construct
You're getting lower control arm rub from the wheels? You should have enough clearance there.

Make sure your tire shop didn't put clip-on weights on the inside of your wheels, though. I had a tire shop put a single clip-on weight on the inside of my 17x9.5 +38 RPF-1s, and that was enough to just barely catch the control arm under hard cornering. But once I pried that weight off I had plenty of clearance on the wheels at least.
I don't believe I do, but I do have 123k mi bushings LOL. Oddly enough, no rubbing on the race track, only when I used to auto cross.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:13 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 143 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
I don't believe I do, but I do have 123k mi bushings LOL. Oddly enough, no rubbing on the race track, only when I used to auto cross.
I didn't think I had any clip-on weights either, because I specifically asked the shop to only use sticky weights and I saw a bunch of sticky weights inside the wheel. But when I climbed under the car, I found that they had also used some clip-on weights to balance the wheels.

Although if your bushings were completely spent then that might also explain it. I'd suggest getting those replaced.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 01:41 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by Construct
I didn't think I had any clip-on weights either, because I specifically asked the shop to only use sticky weights and I saw a bunch of sticky weights inside the wheel. But when I climbed under the car, I found that they had also used some clip-on weights to balance the wheels.

Although if your bushings were completely spent then that might also explain it. I'd suggest getting those replaced.
already a done deal. still worried about tires rubbing, though. i wonder how much of the trailing arms i can machine away...
Old May 13, 2014, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice and wide...