All Wheel/Tire Fitment Guide and Questions Go Here - Page 271 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Evo Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Wheel/Tire Fitment Guide and Questions Go Here

Old Feb 12, 2019, 01:58 AM
Evolving Member

Whats the opinion on running 8mm spacers all around on stock studs? Stock evo x gsr wheels on an Evo 8. With the 8mm spacer all around the car with those wheels looks perfect

I was planning on using the 8mm project kics spacer.

Before you say to just get the extended studs, I just don't want to do the work on the rears mostly removing the drums in the rears. Its not something that is challenging to me but I just don't have the patience right now or time to be fighting around with those springs in the cold weather. Also with the extended studs I would have to buy open lugs when I purchased oem like closed lug replacements recently.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 02:47 AM
Evolving Member

This isn't a fitment question but this is the last thread I've seen where people still consider 17" wheels.

https://motoiq.com/where-are-the-bes...nd-find-out/2/

Interesting article on MotoIQ. If tires are heavier than wheels, and tire mass rotates at a greater radius than the wheel, then doesn't that mean that a 275/40/17 tire is going to be heavier and have more inertia than a 275/35/18 tire? Meaning that a heavier wheel with a lighter tire is better than a lighter wheel with a heavier tire. This post is an elaborate way to avoid saving money.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 07:20 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

^^^Thanks for the article. My takeaway from that article is the flywheel is the best bang for the buck in regards to reducing rotating mass

Ive been on 17's for over 10 years. My old EvO buddy (Guru) got me settled on the 17's. 17's for me is for the 40 series tire. I like the meaty side wall. There is also a certain look that these 17's have that i like but only if the tire width is at the 275 arena (otherwise they can look wimpy)

Never thought my setup was lighter because of the 17's