Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tire / Wheel Fitment Questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2019, 06:37 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by GG06MR
My Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 17x9 +35 fit no problem too. I believe those are still available.
Yeah, that is a nice looking wheel w/a modest offset. Were front spacers needed?

Old Feb 26, 2019, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Yeah, that is a nice looking wheel w/a modest offset. Were front spacers needed?
Not at all.
The following users liked this post:
MinusPrevious (Feb 27, 2019)
Old Feb 26, 2019, 07:23 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by GG06MR

Not at all.
Oooooh, I like that look. Super nice. Was hoping youd post a pic

The following users liked this post:
GG06MR (Feb 27, 2019)
Old Feb 27, 2019, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys what's up? I wanted to post up a question cause I needed a little help with a wheel fitment and wanted to know if it needs work for.

I wanted to fit on my stock body 8 some NT03 18x9.5 but I've seen that the offset is the trick here. I wanted to go +27 to use a 12-15mm space up front instead of a 25 with a +40. So for the rear is the problem, what should I run in the back and would a +27 rub or not? And what tires do you guys suggest I should run with those?

thanks in advanced.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 09:00 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Felix_VIII
Hey guys what's up? I wanted to post up a question cause I needed a little help with a wheel fitment and wanted to know if it needs work for.

I wanted to fit on my stock body 8 some NT03 18x9.5 but I've seen that the offset is the trick here. I wanted to go +27 to use a 12-15mm space up front instead of a 25 with a +40. So for the rear is the problem, what should I run in the back and would a +27 rub or not? And what tires do you guys suggest I should run with those?

thanks in advanced.
Hello Felix

Most 9.5" wide wheels will require the rears to be rolled at the very least. When the offset drops below the +32-35 range, more than a rear roll is often needed based on tire width/profile

If youre looking at tried & true Enkie NT03's 18x9.5 +27 you will need to roll the rear & possible slight rear fender pull running a 265/35 tire. That wheel also needs a front spacer (12-15mm needed IIRC)

Any other questions, let me know

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Feb 27, 2019 at 09:14 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 03:57 PM

Hello Felix

Most 9.5" wide wheels will require the rears to be rolled at the very least. When the offset drops below the +32-35 range, more than a rear roll is often needed based on tire width/profile

If youre looking at tried & true Enkie NT03's 18x9.5 +27 you will need to roll the rear & possible slight rear fender pull running a 265/35 tire. That wheel also needs a front spacer (12-15mm needed IIRC)

Any other questions, let me know
oh ok, good to know that. I was thinking either NT03 or RPF1 but I was leaning more in to NT cause RPF1 are seen on so many. Haha xD.

I was also thinking of running +27 in the front and +40 in the back. But the only problem is that I can't rotate the tires and I think the wheels face changes, right?

I got a buddy who's running NT03 RR +27 all around and he told me he didn't need work or anything. He's running 245 though, but I don't really know if it was a 9 inch or a 9.5 inch. Does a 245 for better or it's almost all the same?

If I do go the rpf1 route I was going to go 18x9.5 +38 all around with a 20mm space up front, I believe I don't need work on the rear fenders. But I don't really like the idea of how it would look with the front wheels sticking further put than the rears. But I really haven't seen many Evos in person running those. So I can't really tell. But I'm looking more in to something that fits easily and looks amazing, and also for a little bit more grip with the wider tires.

thanks for the Reply though. 👍
Old Feb 27, 2019, 04:06 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

oh ok, good to know that. I was thinking either NT03 or RPF1 but I was leaning more in to NT cause RPF1 are seen on so many. Haha xD.

I was also thinking of running +27 in the front and +40 in the back. But the only problem is that I can't rotate the tires and I think the wheels face changes, right?

I got a buddy who's running NT03 RR +27 all around and he told me he didn't need work or anything. He's running 245 though, but I don't really know if it was a 9 inch or a 9.5 inch. Does a 245 for better or it's almost all the same?

If I do go the rpf1 route I was going to go 18x9.5 +38 all around with a 20mm space up front, I believe I don't need work on the rear fenders. But I don't really like the idea of how it would look with the front wheels sticking further put than the rears. But I really haven't seen many Evos in person running those. So I can't really tell. But I'm looking more in to something that fits easily and looks amazing, and also for a little bit more grip with the wider tires.

thanks for the Reply though. ��
Yeah, +27 & +40 combo has been done & the face does not change IIRC. That setup seems to work OK but yeah, no rotation.

Its not an issue w/the front poke. Its not that noticeable

For sure the 245 helps but a rear roll will still be need. Some will comment that no roll is needed but either the ride height is moved up or the car is not run that hard or it just rubs on hard hits

The idea behind full rear fitment is to make sure the tire will not make contact w/the rear fender when its driven up into the wheel well

If you settle on a wheel, post up the specs & i can do the math on the fit

Old Feb 27, 2019, 05:13 PM

Yeah, +27 & +40 combo has been done & the face does not change IIRC. That setup seems to work OK but yeah, no rotation.

Its not an issue w/the front poke. Its not that noticeable

For sure the 245 helps but a rear roll will still be need. Some will comment that no roll is needed but either the ride height is moved up or the car is not run that hard or it just rubs on hard hits

The idea behind full rear fitment is to make sure the tire will not make contact w/the rear fender when its driven up into the wheel well

If you settle on a wheel, post up the specs & i can do the math on the fit

really? The faces don't change that much, huh. I was kinda thinking about going that way then. I don't really track my car or anything, its almost a DD though. I'm not all that lowered either. I'm on Tein High tech springs. But I really wanted to have the option to rotate them just for like maintenance stuff so the tires last a little longer if that even helps. But if the +27 +40 works good enough and doesn't rub then I guess I'm game. But I was thinking about running 255/35 i think it was, or 40. Can't really remember. Will that set up work good? What would you suggest I go with for best fitment? I just don't want to run a +40 on the front cause of a 25mm spacer. The less spacers the better for me. xD

also if I would to run RPF1 18x9.5 is my offset correct? The +38 all around, 10mm spacer up front? And what tire should I run with those? I don't mind if i have to do the front fender mod bracket thing. I just don't want to touch the rear is all.

Thanks for the info man. Truly helps.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 05:55 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

really? The faces don't change that much, huh. I was kinda thinking about going that way then. I don't really track my car or anything, its almost a DD though. I'm not all that lowered either. I'm on Tein High tech springs. But I really wanted to have the option to rotate them just for like maintenance stuff so the tires last a little longer if that even helps. But if the +27 +40 works good enough and doesn't rub then I guess I'm game. But I was thinking about running 255/35 i think it was, or 40. Can't really remember. Will that set up work good? What would you suggest I go with for best fitment? I just don't want to run a +40 on the front cause of a 25mm spacer. The less spacers the better for me. xD

also if I would to run RPF1 18x9.5 is my offset correct? The +38 all around, 10mm spacer up front? And what tire should I run with those? I don't mind if i have to do the front fender mod bracket thing. I just don't want to touch the rear is all.

Thanks for the info man. Truly helps.
Well, the +27's in the NT03 have been done many times but need that 15mm spacer up front. Rear fender rolling is mandatory IMO

The RPF1's in the 18" size work well. The most common setup is the 18x9.5 +38 which sounds like it will work better for ya in the rear
Up front a 20mm spacer is needed IIRC (please double check). Dont think you will need that fender extender but if you like that look it will help w/front fit.
Expect front liner rub at lock positions. Most of us have liner rub & some of us, including myself have very little liner left

I like the wide tire setup so a nice 265/35 would be cool, but a 255/35 would work as well. The 255's would likely fit the rear w/out rolling
Old Feb 28, 2019, 06:00 AM

Well, the +27's in the NT03 have been done many times but need that 15mm spacer up front. Rear fender rolling is mandatory IMO

The RPF1's in the 18" size work well. The most common setup is the 18x9.5 +38 which sounds like it will work better for ya in the rear
Up front a 20mm spacer is needed IIRC (please double check). Dont think you will need that fender extender but if you like that look it will help w/front fit.
Expect front liner rub at lock positions. Most of us have liner rub & some of us, including myself have very little liner left

I like the wide tire setup so a nice 265/35 would be cool, but a 255/35 would work as well. The 255's would likely fit the rear w/out rolling
True that man. I was thinking if those big hubcentric spacers domt hurt much or hurt the hub at all I was thinking of running the NT03 +40 all around with the 25mm spacers up front. But I'm kinda scared of that, its a huge spacers though. I like the RPF1 but I really wanted to run the NT03.

woth running a staggered set up my concern was not rotating the tires and also the spokes on the wheel but mostly the rotating them part, but if not rotating them means the tire would last a little less than I would run +27 +40 and call it a day. But again I'm scared. xD I don't track my car at all though, so I guess not rotating them won't hurt, I just wanna stay away from huge spacers. What would you recommend though? +40 all around to have the ability to rotate, or go with +27 +40 and be done with it?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 06:07 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

^^^Yeah a 25mm spacer is at the max on what we like to see. I thought the NT03 in the 18x9.5+27 only need a 12-15mm spacer?

The less spacer you use, the better. 25mm is too large & changes your +27 to a +2 which is super pokey & will likely cause front fender issues
Old Feb 28, 2019, 07:30 AM

^^^Yeah a 25mm spacer is at the max on what we like to see. I thought the NT03 in the 18x9.5+27 only need a 12-15mm spacer?

The less spacer you use, the better. 25mm is too large & changes your +27 to a +2 which is super pokey & will likely cause front fender issues
yeah I know, but i meant as in if i go +40 all around i would need a 25mm up front to clear the brembos. I know +27 would only need 12-15mm spacer. But what would you suggest I go with? Cause i really want a set of NT03 for me 8 instead of the RPF1. I was thinking of running +40 all around with a 25mm up front but I'm scared of that huge spacer. So I was going to go +27 +40, cause my car is not really a DD, more of a weekend fun car, so rotating tires isn't much of a big deal on a cruising/fun fast car stuff. Right?

sorry if I'm asking a lot of noob stuff, I really just want to get an "easy" fittment that looks nice and at the same time functional. And I just haven't tried to mod anything from my suspension or try to fit wheels on my 8. Everythings been engine and trans mods for me. Haha. xD
Old Feb 28, 2019, 07:37 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

My bad, i understand

The +27 all around is the best bet IMO. That has been the most used NT03 setup ive seen on the EvOM boards
Old Feb 28, 2019, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
yeah I know, but i meant as in if i go +40 all around i would need a 25mm up front to clear the brembos. I know +27 would only need 12-15mm spacer. But what would you suggest I go with? Cause i really want a set of NT03 for me 8 instead of the RPF1. I was thinking of running +40 all around with a 25mm up front but I'm scared of that huge spacer. So I was going to go +27 +40, cause my car is not really a DD, more of a weekend fun car, so rotating tires isn't much of a big deal on a cruising/fun fast car stuff. Right?

sorry if I'm asking a lot of noob stuff, I really just want to get an "easy" fittment that looks nice and at the same time functional. And I just haven't tried to mod anything from my suspension or try to fit wheels on my 8. Everythings been engine and trans mods for me. Haha. xD
Fyi.....if the wheels have a flush/flat mounting face, then you will need to cut the OEM studs with anything less than a 25 mm spacer. That's not a recommendation either way. Just something to consider.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 08:13 AM

My bad, i understand

The +27 all around is the best bet IMO. That has been the most used NT03 setup ive seen on the EvOM boards
good point though. Yeah I think it's the best way to go, I don't mind if I have to roll the rear. I just domt want to pull them. I could go for a +27 all around with maybe a 245 or 255. Something that doesn't really need much work though. But I think I might go that route.

thanks for the info and help man. Really appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Tire / Wheel Fitment Questions